Stuff a Whole Pig with Whole Chickens??

It sounds like the cooker is some type of double barrel smoker. Something like this I guess.

FAIRLANEBUFFEDassembly032.jpg

If so I think it will work for a small pig. I am glad to see you have abandoned the idea of stuffing it with a chicken. If I am correct about the cooker there are probably people here that can give advice on the pig cook.

You nailed it That is very close to the Design I am using
Gar

That's what I was thinking! ha ha

Yep ....:oops: Guilty as charged 555

Gar
PS..
Man I love this Sytie, Friendly Helpful Folks.. You guys have made me feel right at home..
Heck I have even 'Slipped off my shoes" LOL
Thanks to ALL

Gar

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151520778791832.1073741825.837611831&type=1

Ok That is a Face book link to photos of my new UDS .. Do not know if it will work.. Still learning the ropes..

Hey Garvin the picks don't open for me.

btw: the smoker you are talking about here is not a UDS (upright/ugly drum smoker) you can see good examples here.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80125

What you are getting is commonly called a double barrel smoker.

Hope this helps.

One thing you might want to do to get the hams and shoulders done at the same time as the ribs and loins, would be to ice down the rib and loin area before putting it on the smoker. I have also seen the ribs and loin wrapped in foil once they are getting close to being done.

Good luck on the cook.

Hey Garvin the picks don't open for me.

btw: the smoker you are talking about here is not a UDS (upright/ugly drum smoker) you can see good examples here.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80125

What you are getting is commonly called a double barrel smoker.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for correcting me.. I mistook the terminlogy as Ugly Drum Smoker.. and Since this was made with Drums........ Oh well

Hey That is nothing, Guy I ordered the Ice for tonite and tomorrow fromm.. The Guy I went to Great Lengths to Explain the Cooler had.. HAD to be Min of 36 Inches in length.. Shows up with a 25 inch length Cooler Box and looks at me like I am From the moon when I run him off..... Ah.. The JOY of Living in the Tropics ..;-)

We will survive,.. Picking up a New Cooler this afternoon..from my local Hardware Store..

Enjoy
Gar

Pics I will work on uploading again Real Soon..
Thanks for all the Comments.. Off to the Store now..

Gar

Yeah I can also say from earlier posts that I don't think stuffing chicken into anything other than another bird is a good idea.

Bit if you are going to stuff birds into other birds, may as well go all out and do it like this guy did.... Bet this would make a splash at your cookout.

Huge Bird Roast

As a certified Food Safety instuctor i would say stay far far far away from stuffing a pig with chickens!!

Not to sure how you would cook it, but as a kid my dad had a friend that would cook a whole pig in a pit in the ground every year. They would stuff it with whole chickens and spices as you talked. That was the best tasting chicken I have ever had in my life.
Wish I new how to replicate it.
Good luck with your cook.

Back