One week countdown to dinner

Huh? What?

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This holiday season, everyone's schedules conflicted, so we didn't get to do our yearly holiday dinner.

The date for it is next Sunday, the 19th. Got out the 16-lb. Prime rib to thaw. It'll be smoked. Along with it we'll have roast potatoes, fish chowder and Matcha pudding with Lady Fingers for desert. Or possible lemon snap cookies.

Other people will do other things. This year we invited the staff of a small local diner that we go to often. We'll feed them for once.

Sounds like a great time is in store!

I'm down with the Prime Rib for sure, but not quite sure how the fish chowder would go over with my family. I'll eat anything though.

Started prepping the prime rib today. It's in the chill chest wrapped in cheese cloth now. Going to go shopping for other groceries in a bit. Looking at maybe 25 people on Sunday.

For Sunday

Noon o'clock - various cured meats cheeses, smoked salmon, smoked cheese, fish chowder.

1530-1600 serve rib roast, roasted potatoes, assorted other stuff.

Today is the day.

Roast is ready for the smoker. Dessert is chilling in the refrigerator (spiced matcha pudding with lemon snaps and raspberries.) After breakfast, smoker gets fired up. Have to make fish chowder, set up potatoes for roasting and put together appetizer trays.

Today's designated slave labor...

49410173571_9a6360a6c9_b.jpg

Back