Contest Announcment Junior World BBQ Championships

LindaM

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I Love BBQ Junior World Championships

This past December I had the privilege of spending a week with the organizers of the I Love BBQ Festival in Lake Placid, NY to plan and structure a new concept in BBQ Contests and along with the ILBBQF, support the Shipman Youth Center. The idea of Dmitry Feld, Marketing Manager of the USA Olympic Luge Team, Creative, Marketing and Sponsorship Director of The I Love Barbecue Festival

D as he is known, felt it was time to showcase our youth with a contest of their own. Not a Kids Q, but a full-blown contest with 4 Categories: Chicken, Ribs, Beef (Strip Steak) and Dessert. Now as an additional kicker the teams or individuals will be required to pair starch and grilled vegetables with each meat entry, balancing health, harmony and compatibility as well as assemble and cook the dessert entry completely on site.

This KCBS sanctioned Competitive Series Event will be judged using KCBS rules, 6 Judges per table, but reformatting the criteria as stated on the contest website. In addition to the blind judging each team or individual will be visited on site to test their culinary knowledge and contest rules, as well as overall knowledge of food safety and sanitation by “On Site” judges visits during the prep, cooking and pre-presentation process. Each contestant or team will be asked 5 questions during the “On Site” judging and scored accordingly.

This inaugural year the event will be limited to 24 teams or individuals, ages 16-21 from the US, Canada, and the World, all vying for the title of Junior World BBQ Champion and their share of $5000 (current to date) Cash and Prizes. Allowing two adult advisors in a verbal capacity only (no hands on). In addition Culinary School Scholarships are in the works. The event will be held over the 4th of July weekend 2009 on the 1932 and 1980 Olympic Skating Oval in Lake Placid, NY and each year thereafter on the same date and site. It is Dmitry’s dream to eventually offer the Junior World Championship to currently sanctioned contests (open to all sanctioning bodies) as qualifiers and have winners invited to Lake Placid to compete against the Best of the Best Youth coming from all 50 states, Canada and the World.

Organizers, if your are interested in hosting a Junior Qualifier contact Dmitry Feld now and get the ball rolling for 2010.

So if your son, daughter, niece, nephew or neighbors child is into Competitive cooking, a BBQ enthusiast or a Culinary Student, here is an opportunity to showcase their talents and maybe claim the title of Junior World BBQ Champion along with a share of the Cash and Prizes.

Complete rules, regulations, and application can be found on the http://ILBBQF.com website or contact DmitryF@ilbbqf.com.

Robert is signed up..he's hoping to find someone that wants to help him out.

Sounds great!!

This inaugural year the event will be limited to 24 teams or individuals, ages 16-21 from the US, Canada, and the World, all vying for the title of Junior World BBQ Champion and their share of $5000 (current to date) Cash and Prizes.

Wow! It wasn't too long ago that 5k was a very rare thing in the Northeast... now we are seeing it for a Jr. Comp

The BBQ Depot may be making an appearance.
Two Coach's, Ray & Bob Depot and team of Ray's sons
Twin 21 year olds and one 20 year old son.

The winning team from this worthy contest receive free entry into the Battle of the BBQ Brethren 2009.

PM or email me for details.

Eric

Back