***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Deep South" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Deep South Delicacies" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well Gore, Team Husbands even doubled up for this one and we're getting beat two to one by the sole Team Wives entrant. :shock:

They're all so farking good looking! Gore's chicken blew me away though. If there's one thing I love its fried chicken and not because I helped make it either...

Dang, I just realised I SHOULD have entered those tough ribs after all to get me my first Zero! :doh:

Landarc... sorry, maybe I can't suck a ham like that up though a straw, but I sure would give it a try:becky:. I really wanna do a ham now!

Gore... that Chicken is just so totally magnificent you have my head spinning too. I'm going back to check that thead for the technique. I'm sure we can all learn something from this.

Cheers!

Bill

That chicken really showed us all he is a very talented cook I will agree, VERY impressive!

I hate we missed this one but my vote had to go with Team Husbands and Gore eventhough Redhot and everyone else did SPECTACULAR jobs

I can't believe Guerry's only got 1 vote!!!

Mind you, there was a time when I thought Geurry would never GET a vote.... but sheeesh.... One lousy vote! Am I the only one who like Ham around here????

I think it's a portion control issue. The ham is simply too big. Had it been sliced, then perhaps people could vote for it because it would be within the realm of reason to eat it in a civilized manner. Instead, people are stuck trying to figure out how to stuff that whole ham in their mouth, but with the other more accessible dishes right next to it, it gets lost in the voting.

That's my theory anyway.

All I would need is a slice or two of Bread....

Just Saying....:becky:

I think it's a portion control issue. The ham is simply too big. Had it been sliced, then perhaps people could vote for it because it would be within the realm of reason to eat it in a civilized manner. Instead, people are stuck trying to figure out how to stuff that whole ham in their mouth, but with the other more accessible dishes right next to it, it gets lost in the voting.

That's my theory anyway.

That's my theory anyway.

Actually, I kinda screwed that up for him. See, after he smoked the ham and had it safely inside the house, pix taken, he crashed out (a few too many shots I figure). I had to start those beans 'cause they take all day to cook so I butchered his ham...it didn't look too pretty after that. I should have sliced it and taken some more pictures, I feel very guilty now.:icon_blush: That ham was fabulous I must say, it gave the beans and greens a wonderful spicy/sweet flavor!

Maybe not the most complex recipe or fanciest plate, but how could I vote against PIE??? It was tough, a lot of great entries. But, its pie! I had to vote for Lunchman. :thumb:

Tie for second would probably be Brickham and Gore. Chicken fried steak and fried chicken! Oh now that it speaking to me! :thumb:

Great job everyone else, too. You all can come over any time and cook for me.

Back