• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls

TailGateJoecom

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was just down in the TGJ Lab working on a recipe for my site. I'll probably do a writeup and maybe a short youtube video on this, but this is what I came up with....

First I cooked some bacon in the oven for about 8 minutes, not to complete doneness.
baconcinnamonrolls1.jpg

Then I opened a can of pilsbury grands cinnabon rolls and unrolled them.
baconcinnamonrolls2.jpg

Then I rolled up a slice of bacon in each roll.
baconcinnamonrolls3.jpg

I baked them at 350 for 25-30 minutes. I also mixed some maple syrup in with the icing before pouring it on. This is how they came out.
baconcinnamonrolls4.jpg

baconcinnamonrolls5.jpg

They came out great, especially the bottoms that collected some of the bacon grease. Next time I do these, I am going to take some double smoked slab bacon and slice it myself a little thicker.

What was the finished texture of the bacon like? The idea here sounds really interesting! I might consider giving this idea a whirl since bacon makes everything better...

What was the finished texture of the bacon like? The idea here sounds really interesting! I might consider giving this idea a whirl since bacon makes everything better...

Tender but not gummy. I cooked it a little first in the oven for about 8 minutes so it didn't go completely raw into the roll.

This looks like it would make a great tailgate breakfast when we have those noon games, or overnight tailgates.been wanting to try out the oven on my 250 gal reverse flow!

Hmmm interesting...:idea: bulb just went off.. might have to try this with a twist on my day off here soon.

Just did them. Should have cooked the bacon a little longer before rolling. Used the grands cin. Rolls, should have used smaller rolls. I'd also suggest a round pan to keep them together better

Just did them. Should have cooked the bacon a little longer before rolling. Used the grands cin. Rolls, should have used smaller rolls. I'd also suggest a round pan to keep them together better

And you call yourself a Brethren?

Wrong way to think.

You should have just used more bacon! :grin:

Back