• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Aaaaaah! My Eyes! humor

Brontoburger

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
:shock:This looks disgusting. Found it on a retro BBQ site.

Attachments

• BBQ5.jpg
    BBQ5.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 514
Hmmm....just got me one o' them ideas. I use spicy v-8 as a base in my world famous bloody marys. I wonder if I could base a sauce on that. Have to thicken it up a bit....

Hmmm....just got me one o' them ideas. I use spicy v-8 as a base in my world famous bloody marys. I wonder if I could base a sauce on that. Have to thicken it up a bit....
That's not a bad idea at all actually! I usually start with some tomato puree or sauce and that V-8 would probably be a good alternative for a base in a thin peppery Texas style sauce! I haven't seen it in years but there used to be a product called "Snappy Tom", which was pretty much a spicy hot tomato juice as well, I'd bet that it'd be good too!:-D

Attachments

• product_photo_438.jpg
    product_photo_438.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 414
I hate tomato soup, but there are some old-style BBQ sauces that I had as a kid, and I'm now thinking this may be the secret ingredient. Thanks!

I love tomato soup, but the canned concentrate with the HFCS I most definitely can live without. BUT it is a nostalgic taste from my childhood, and I can easily see using it. After all, using ketchup as a base is not much different, and the result doesn't taste like ketchup anymore.

Wtf. Moved to the pile? We were about to get past the funny and into real sauce discussion. What would have happened if pitmaster T thread on simmering bbq was woodpiled? Come we let the crockpot thread go.

Yes. I was hoping to avoid the move because this discussion was beginning to get interesting, and actually deserving of Q-Talk. Hence, my very first post. Now, it will just get whack a doodled all to Hell and back, so, I'm out.

I do have the ability to talk seriously about food. Sometimes.

Right there with you Deguerre. Heinz 57 is one of those flavors that takes me right back to childhood. So does the Ortega bottled taco sauce.

Back