Big Bob Gibson's Habanero Red Sauce

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this? It so mild, it doesn't deserve to have "Habanero" on the label.

Maybe he uses homeopathic** habanero. :biggrin:

**A homeopathic remedy is prepared by diluting the substance in a series of steps. Many homeopathic remedies are so highly diluted that no molecules of the original substance are likely to remain after dilution. - Wikipedia Online Encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be from genetically reproduced hybrid Habaneros with less heat.
I was sampling a bunch of different pepper jellies and sauces that were supposedly Habs and none of them were off the heat scale. I wondered about them too, I felt like I was at a Fireworks stand instead of a Farmers market, one guy said "you lookin' for more heat?" and pulls out a jar from under the counter, claimed it was nuclear-it was a dud!

Brian

If I see something with Habanero I'll almost always pass it up unless I want a bottle to appease someone who demands face burnig food.
Trouble is I have no idea how tasty a habanero is because the few times I've tried one it burned too much for my buds to know what it tastes like. Even if I knew it wasn't too hot I'd stick with my problanos, jalepenos, etc.

Sometimes I want heat and flavor and sometimes I just want the flavor. I have both regular Jalapenos and "tame" jalapenos in my fridge all the time. If I could get "tame" habs I would have them also.

I love the hab flavor but most of the time I just don't want to sweat that much. I'm going to have to look this brand up.

Back