1_T_Scot

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Preheated the Egg.

PreheattheEgg.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

First Pizza on Pizza Stone.

FirstPizzaon.jpg

Second Pizza No Pizza Stone (more on this later).

SecondPizzaon.jpg

Turned the camera sorry.

Piece of Pizza on plate.

Pizza.jpg

Perfect Crust
CloseCrust.jpg

PerfectCrust.jpg

Both pizzas where Pepponi, Green Pepper, Onion, Italian Sausage (Bob Evans) and 1/2 Mushrooms.

Now the Bad news the Pizza stone did not hold up to the 650 degrees.

BrokePizzaStone.jpg

I actually got a lot of cooks out of this stone. I used it in the oven for a few years before getting the BGE.

I'm not sure if a hole in the first pizza caused the stone to break or if the stone breaking caused the pizza to get a hole in it. AnyWay the one cooked on the Perferated pan came out really good. That is the crust in the above pic's.

I'm not sure if a hole in the first pizza caused the stone to break or if the stone breaking caused the pizza to get a hole in it. AnyWay the one cooked on the Perferated pan came out really good. That is the crust in the above pic's.
i know im dumb, but what do you mean by a perferated pan? like a regular pizza pan with holes in it or something?

hahah

Thanx

i know im dumb, but what do you mean by a perferated pan? like a regular pizza pan with holes in it or something?

hahah

Thanx

Yes that is what it is my wife got them when she worked in the school cafeteria.

I just picked up a couple of stones from Big Lots for $10 apiece. I use them as heat deflectors. I wrap them in foil. I finally broke one end of last summer. Not as sturdy as Green egg stones but not $50 either. Oh yeah nice pizza.

Bummer. Great looking pie though.

Breaking the stone is a real drag! But it makes for a nice story and a heck of a trophy.

im thinkin a perforated pan, if it gave you a good pizza. Walmart here i come

I don't see no MOINKS on that pizza!:becky:
Crust looks PerPhect!:cool:

You could use a tile cutter and turn the bigger peice into a half stone and use it for other cooks.

don't throw that stone away, just push it back together and cook on it like that. i cooked on a cracked stone for years, no problem.

No sure what others experiences are, but I have had an Old Stone Oven pizza stone for 22 years with zero issues. first 19 years were oven only (400f or so) followed by last few on ceramic type cookers (500-650F) and still going strong. Black as black can be, but rock solid. Recently bought a second for doing two loaves of ciabatta at the same time.

Ted

Those are some fine lookin' pies indeed, sorry about the stone. My BGE stone has been great for me.

Back