View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
hav
is one Smokin' Farker

Talking My (not-so) Ugly Drum Smoker.

Thanks to all of you who have put-up such great ideas, descriptions and photos for all of the Brethren’s Brother & Sister-hood.

I definitely want to thank Norcoredneck, N8man, Bigmista & of course my team members Butts-n-gutts & Mad Max who although 700 miles away have helped me build this thing.

Oh, and how could I forget jgh1204 for starting that ridiculously long (over 1500 replies and viewed over 137 thousand times) thread, darn thing took me 3 weeks on and off to read!

Here are some photos and a couple of videos, the drum was purchased new, unlined from www.newpig.com. There was no way I would have found the time to do a burn and grind, not with my job and 4 year old girl, so I had to cheat a little. Everything else, I purchased one or two at a time over the course of 3 weeks. Finally assembled and put to good use last night.

I can’t believe how well this thing keeps the heat! I slept last night with an open ear but never had to go outside to adjust anything until this morning, I opened all 3 vents and it allowed the Butt to get to 192°.

On to the Pics and yes, pron at the end. I will update with a Pulled Pork Picture later today.

Thanks again!

Finished Product PRON!

YES!

14" Table Top Kettle Grill; Turkey Fryer; [B][I][COLOR=red]Rapid-Fire-Red[/COLOR][/I][/B] Thermapen!; [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][I]Mini, Small, Medium & Large BGE![/I][/B][/COLOR]

Last edited by hav; 08-24-2008 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: Updated Pron
hav is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->