• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

meat procurment question

tmcmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
In general, have you all found it better to secure meats through a local source (slightly higher cost) or via a distributor/online retailer?

Thanks!

I use a meat distributor. He finds me the best deals & delivers to my stand @ prices cheaper than R.D!

I get all of my meat localy at sam's club. good prices but no delivery if you live close to one. i was in milwaukee doing a Q for a freind and was able to go to the Restaraunt Depot for my meat it was cheeper but i live 200 miles away and cannot use them.

I use both a disributor and Costco. I just depends.
I have not found better ribs than what Costco offers, so I shop exclusively at Costco for ribs.

Do you want price or quality ?? That is the key question. I can find meat cheaper at some local places but the quality is bad. I can also pay more at a local place and get high quality. For the best mix of price and quality I dont know that you can beat Sam's, unless you are Bubba and know a guy... :biggrin:

Source Depends on Meat

Depending on the meat, I generally buy cases at BJs.

Jim :cool:

Interesting... Thanks all!

I would have thought a local supplier would be able to beat the 'lot clubs' for quality or price, or both... Interesting... Thanks again!

Interesting... Thanks all!

I would have thought a local supplier would be able to beat the 'lot clubs' for quality or price, or both... Interesting... Thanks again!

What I have found with Case Levels with Ware Houses (BJ's, SAM,s, etc) is you get at a discount price (around 10% off).

We get everything we need for larger parties at Sam's Club, Costco or Restaurant Depot. I'll admit that sometimes we have to visit all 3 to find the quality and price we are looking for on that occasion.

Back