Getting a new pit!!!

D

dupree187

I am going to be getting a new pit this spring. I've narrowed it down to either a Lang 48 patio or a Jambo Backyard. Anyone have any incite as to which one i should get? Price wise they are them same so it comes down to features. Could use some advice. Thanks

I'd get the Jambo, I really like the insulated firebox. Not saying there is anything wrong with a Lang, I just like Jambos better.

Matt

Loved the 48 - held 100 lbs butts comfortably.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I've become a big fan of the reverse flow smoker design for a stick burner. Either way you're getting quality, but I think you're getting more "bells and whistles" with the Lang. That insulated fire box on the Jambo is neat though. In the end, I think you'll have more even cooking with the Lang.

I've been looking at both online. They both seem great.

Some things I noticed is:

The Jambo doesn't have a 2nd shelf. I guess one could be added later.

From what I understand you control the temp the smoke stack... Am I correct on this? That would be totally different from anything I used.

Also can you get the Jambo with a warmer box? Don't think I've seen any of his with that.

If I was to buy one today, I think I would go with the Jambo. I think no matter what you can't go wrong with a Jambo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something to consider would be that the Jambo has TWO doors with a divider between them on the smoke chamber. Doing a big cut or a whole pig would be difficult if not impossible.

Something to consider would be that the Jambo has TWO doors with a divider between them on the smoke chamber. Doing a big cut or a whole pig would be difficult if not impossible.
I do like the fact that the Lang has a single door. But lets face it, a Jambo is a Jambo. And a Meadow Creek is out of my price range. Anyone else have any input? This is alot of money and I want to make the right choice.

I have a Jambo and have had a Lang and I don't think you can go wrong either way. The real difference in the two is the insulated firebox on the Jambo and its 2 door design rather than one. The single door may be an advantage if you plan on cooking a whole hog or very large cuts. Other than that, compare shipping costs and then make your decision.

There are some small differences in how you cook on each pit simply because one is a standard offset (Jambo) and the other is a reverse flow (Lang). But, that's no big deal. The Jambo will get better fuel "mileage" because of the insulated firebox but for home use and the occasional competition that will probably not be a significant difference.

Good luck!

I think I am starting to lean towards the jambo. Just got off the phone with Jamie and he is one hell of a nice guy. Answered any question I had. Wonder if you can get the backyard model with a single door? Forgot to ask. Anyway now just to wait for tax time I guess. Still interested in opinions though. One thing I would like to know is can you use a bbq guru on a jambo? Don't know if its possible or needed with the insulated fire box.

People seem to like both Someone mentioned a Meadow Creek They are also great pits. Check the cost then the shipping Maybe one is sold in your area

I've had them both and while Lang is a good cooker, a Jambo is a great cooker.

I really loved my Jambo and kick myself regularly for selling it. Very fuel efficient and cooked like a champ. You can have a 2nd shelf added for like $40 I think.

One thing I would like to know is can you use a bbq guru on a jambo? Don't know if its possible or needed with the insulated fire box.

don't need a guru on a jambo once its set you don't have to touch it, and mine would go 2 hrs easy before adding fuel. i only sold mine to get more capacity. easyied offset i ever cooked on

I have been trying to make this decision myself and while talking to some folks at Lang was told that the insulation in a Jambo will need to be replaced after 2-3 years, is that true or just a salesman trying to get a sale? If is is true how expensive is the process?

Back