• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

need a char griller

smokeworker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It seems every catering gig this summer has us doing large quantities of legs & thighs.My method is smoke on the pit ,then char on the charcoal, is slowed by my tiny stainless barrel grill. My question is , what's a good 4 or 5 foot grill to finish the chicken. I may expand to steaks and stuff too. This grill has to be portable also.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
http://www.meijer.com/s/char-grille...gle_G_US_Meijer_eCom_PLA_Outdoor_Living_Patio

As a smoker they are a PITA, but it's a great charcoal grill with a ton of space, and cast iron grates.

75VkdEerZfQKAFvGBpOi8686BlDEY6YXB3J4nthnWi13Sn3IeK0wSQea5u-8Fq7NcAQaJu9quLU7x7XROKnBwD0uo0ESkOm0Q4O_e4iN3eFGgz6xlSL7CJYtehqpxtKZA8qObjjrcKiJtyx6J-J8Wr_GSpHmSiEDrskbZtxwkQbFmStf16uG

Add the second axle and 10" tires and it looks cool and much more moveable.

the chargriller pro can be found really cheap this time of year. i bought one with the SFB last year for under $150. without the fire box, it would have been less than $100.

Wal mart has a 30"barell grill for $99 I have had 1 for 3 years and still going strong

I agree on the Char Griller. I wouldn't bother with it as a smoker again (too much work), but I love it as a grill. The biggest one, the Outlaw will set you back $200 - $250 depending on where you get it, but with a wheel modification, you can't beat them. Works nice as a rotisserie grill too. Just my .02 cents.

outlaw.jpg

outlawgrates.jpg

For my wheel mod, I put 3-inch stainless steel, rubber-stemmed casters on the shorter legs meant for the wheels that come with the grill. I put 10-inch semi-pneumatic tires on the longer legs, drilled holes and put in a 5/8-inch threaded rod for an axle. I also added a small metal handle on the side opposite the shelf to make pulling it around easier. Works like a champ. Tons of room in there!

block fence

The block fence is always a dead give-away, isn't it? :biggrin1:

block fences i think are unique to arizona deserts they are indestructible. I learned that the only way to buy a house is to get a house made of block,adobe or brick and try to avoid stucco which only lasts 25 years-my first Arizona house was stucco 30 years old and started falling
apart!
http://thebarbecuemaster.net

That is really pricey, but I have to admit that it's a great idea. I love that it folds up so it's like moving around a hand truck! That would be fantastic if you're going to be moving it around a lot for catering.

Back