SPAM Kabobs - Yeah, SPAM.

peculiarmike

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I smoked, among other things, 2 cans of SPAM. Now, all you folks going Yuk! I don't like SPAM!, neither do I. BUT, smoked SPAM is a whole nother thing. Not quite as schwanky as prime rib, but good.
So we cut the smoked SPAM into chunks. Threaded it on bamboo skewers with red, green & yellow pepper, pineapple chunks, water chestnuts, sweet onion.
Then I grilled them over low heat. Basted with a mix of pineapple juice, brown sugar and teriaki sauce.
These eat FINE.

Attachments

• General Stuff 041 (Small).jpg
    General Stuff 041 (Small).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 194
  • General Stuff 042 (Small).jpg
    General Stuff 042 (Small).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 192
  • General Stuff 044 (Small).jpg
    General Stuff 044 (Small).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 191
  • General Stuff 049 (Small).jpg
    General Stuff 049 (Small).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 191
  • General Stuff 050 (Small).jpg
    General Stuff 050 (Small).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 194
Ahh yes, SPAM!!!!! The most versatile of processed meats!!! I hate to say it, but it looks good!!!!

I don't know if I'll be able to get the words out ... but I'll try: that ........ spam ...... looks ...... good! There - I said it - good lookin' eats brother!

theres is A LOAD of history in this forum regarding SPAM. Look for some threqds from BigAl. He was our resident Spam aficionado. usaed to grill it up on his little hibachi and make all kinds of stuff with it.

aint that stuff some kinda delicacy for our Hawaii guys?

Guess I'd have to actually see someone eating them to know they are consumable :biggrin:.

MMMMM...A Spamich with lots of mayo on toasted bread is a good thing.
The k-bobs look great.

I love the stuff... but I also love fruitcake.
Maybe I shouldn't have said that...:eek::biggrin:

aint that stuff some kinda delicacy for our Hawaii guys?
Nothing wrong with spam? Fried spam and eggs! (served at our Micky D's), Spam Musabi, think spam sushi...sort of..

I know for a fact that Keale would be all over that!!!
quote]

You know that!
Mike that looks real good, not enough SPAM though!:p

I've made SPAM Pig candy, good stuff!

Spam

Spam pigcandy? now thats and idea....I like spam also my dad use to make it for morning breakfast and fried balony with fried eggs....

Question for you Spamheads. I am now intrigued by the thought of a smoked Spam. Would you apply a rub as per most other things, or is the saltiness of the Spam going to be a problem with standard rub? I guess I could make a salt-free rub, but was curious. Any other prep ideas I should be aware of for a smoked Spam?

Spam burnt ends?

Anybody ever stuffed a fatty with Spam, egs and cheese? Sounds like Monty Python.

I would say go with salt free rub or buy the reduced sodium Spam and a salty rub................I figure this should even it all out accordking to my calculations.(bullchit mod)

Burnt Spam Ends................that sounds good.

Last edited:
just think of spam like chunked ham. really needs to be cooked up in some version or another. just raw could try anyone. i'm addicted to the stuff. all the versions mentioned and more. i consume almost a can a week. mostly in noodle soup that gets my day going. havn't tried it smoked so guess thats next.

george
spam, can't live without it

My name is Wes and I have been known to fry up spam on many occasions over the years and top with jalepeno jack cheese and call that brunch when I am all alone.:tongue:
If anyone knows any links to a support group.......
(spam kabobs look great!)

Back