Thirdeye's Curse

• Thread starter The Pickled Pig
  • Start date
T

The Pickled Pig

Since I purchased enough Hi Mountain cure for 120+ pounds of bacon, I felt compelled to try it on pork tenderloin this weekend. I haven't tasted it yet but it looks fantastic. I think I have enough stock of bacon now to last a while.

canbacon_large.jpg

canbacon2_large.jpg

canbacon3_large.jpg

Gonna see a lot of BBB in the coming weeks!!

Nice looking Canadian Bacon, Paul!

BBB is one of the few things that I have not tried yet... I gotta give it a go sometime soonish!

Those Tloins look great btw!

James.

My package of BBB Cure arrived yesterday. Your pork loin pictures have inspired me to also give it a try for some Canadian bacon. Your's looks great.

Tha looks great, Paul! I put a pork loin in some cure last night. When you smoked yours, what smoker temp did you use and what internal temp did you take it to?

I have to try that......looks good:biggrin:

that does look pretty good! i never thought of the tenderloin as a bacon cut, just butts and loins, but i am willing to give it a try after seeing this. how was it compared to lion cut canadian bacon? how long did you cure it for?

phil

I can see you are off to a pretty good start. Heheeee.

After reading all the Buckboard posts lately, I thawed a 1# piece of BB loin Friday night. Saturday morning we had some with eggs. Last night Mrs ~t~ cubed up some and used it in some clam chowder. Just minutes before reading this thread, I fried up some for a sandwich..... Maybe it's time for me to make some more. :mrgreen:

I bet that would be perfect to throw in some jambalaya with some shrimp. Chunk it and cook it up. :cool:

I bet that would be perfect to throw in some jambalaya with some shrimp. Chunk it and cook it up. :cool:

That does sound good. I have used it in stuffed chicken breasts too. Uh oh, I hear some NorcoMomRice calling.

Buckboard, it's not just for breakfast anymore.....

When you smoked yours, what smoker temp did you use and what internal temp did you take it to?

I smoked them in a WSM at 200 until the internal temperature was 140 in the middle.

how was it compared to lion cut canadian bacon? how long did you cure it for?

phil

I haven't actually tried any of it yet so I can't give a comparison. I cured the tenderloins for 5 days.

Back