Cambro - Which Pans?

Terry The Toad

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am thinking about investing in a Cambro 300MPC (specs say it will hold four 2.5" deep full size food pans.)

So, should I go with:
1. four 2.5" deep pans
or
2. one 4" deep + two 2.5" deep
or
3. two 4" deep
or
something else?

Any recommendations from you Cambro owners?

Thanks!

It depends on what you are using them for. I use mine at comps to hold briskets and butts after rubbing (with a pan of ice) or after cooking. 2 1/2" deep pans are fine for that. If you plan on baking in the pans (beans, etc) then you may want the deeper ones. Although, you could bake in a deep foil pan and set it in the shallow pan and then into the Cambro.

I would go with the shallower pans, then you can use those as needed, or you can use them just to hold a disposable pan in place.

If I recall correctly it'll also hold 3 deep full pans. I've got an assortment, a bunch of full shallows, a couple deep, and a bunch of deep half pans. I like the half pans the best, especially for butts

Thanks for the post, I have been wondering the same thing. Is the 300mpc-110 big enough for competition cooks?
Thanks Brad

It depends on what you cook. My double-height Cambro is basically two 330's on top of each other and it is very tight with two butts (one full pan) and two briskets (two full pans) because of the height of the meat. I normally put the butt in the top and the briskets in the bottom.

I looked at this model, but opted for the Cambro Camcarrier UPC400110. I'm glad that I did. I had two pork butts, two briskets, and a pan of beans in it last weekend for a group of 25 people from a dog club. I have 2.5" and 4" pans, two of each. I think you will find that you need both. YMMV. Good luck.

I got a tip to put shelves in mine so I can use aluminum pans. The shelves keep the pans from collapsing down from the weight of the meat. Works great. In this pic the one pan is actually just above the shelf and normally they hold in there pretty good, but the extra support makes sure they don't fall.

Back