20lb Turkey

ebijack

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
O.K. over years I have cooked/smoked a lot of Turkeys, I've bent a lot of utensils trying to get the birds out of the smoker. That and I'm getting a lot older. I almost dropped this bird today as the tongs wouldn't hold and the spatula bent as usual.
What do you folks use for getting large cuts of meat, birds etc from smoker to plate? I'm sure someone has something I haven't thought of tried or bent over the years that will work. Lets hear em!
fjfl.jpg

dle1.jpg

Beautiful Bird! My preferred method of choice is scooping the bird up on a plate that fits it. I usually scoop from the head area as to not break off the leg quarters.

Old bath towels. Or a pair of these.
Wells Lamont® 14" Farm PVC Gloves

77080.jpg

I'm brand new and I just figured using my hands in silicone gloves would give me more control. I just grab my fatties and yank them out.

Thanks everyone! looks like some silicone gloves are in my near future. I just couldn't bring myself to ever use my welding gloves, but I sure have thought about it.

Thanks everyone! looks like some silicone gloves are in my near future. I just couldn't bring myself to ever use my welding gloves, but I sure have thought about it.

I have grabbed plenty of meat with my welding gloves, and I have silicon ones. Not a problem if nobody sees me do it. :mmph:

Back