Pork loin help

N2Q

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The last several pork loins I've done I've cooked on the stick burner with oak or pecan at 275 until it reaches an Internal temp of 140 to 145. The problem is that they still seem to be pretty tough at that temp. I figured if I cooked them any longer they would be too dry. Any suggestions???

The last several pork loins I've done I've cooked on the stick burner with oak or pecan at 275 until it reaches an Internal temp of 140 to 145. The problem is that they still seem to be pretty tough at that temp. I figured if I cooked them any longer they would be too dry. Any suggestions???

Maybe a little longer with a lotta more basting!

I generally cook a little hotter, but I take mine to 140 and then rest and they are just fine. Do you brine the loins? If you brine you can probably get away with taking them a little higher internal temp.

Instead if cooking 1 larger loin which IMO tough, cook several smaller tenderloins and pull them @145 in the thickest end

Did not inject but cut a larger loin in half so they are around 11" long... Fat side up...

I cook them at 400 degrees for about 45min and turn them every 10 min. Once they are 135 degrees in temp pull them and let them rest for 20 min. I have found if you put them in a covered container for the resting period it works best. If you wrap them tight in foil it doesn't turn out as well.:grin:

I inject pork loins with a mixture of apple cider and apple cider vinegar. I then rub lightly with SPOG or seasoned salt.
I cook then at 300F for about 45 minutes, in an unfoiled pan, then foil until 140F internal.
I take it off and let it rest in the covered pan for about 1/2 hour.
Yummy!

Have you ever tried to reverse sear a loin? Slow smoke till internal temp of around 115, then toss on hot fire to sear both sides. Pull off cooker when IT is 135-140, and rest for 30 min. Final temp will be around 145. Delish.

Back