Congrats to Smokin Joe

F

frankenswine

Just wanted to congratulate Smokin Joe. He came out here to Utah for the Fire Water and Ice BBQ comp, and took home the GC and bid for the Jack since this was Utah's only qualifier this year.
Way to go Joe, it was great to meet you and hope you had a safe trip back home.

Congrats Smokin' Joe, I know my brother Bob enjoyed your company

Nice work Joe! Congrats.

Thanks guys. Let me tell you BBQ people in general and Brethren specifically are the best people in the world. A couple of months ago my wife and I planned a trip to SoCal to visit my sister and I decided I should do this contest on the way home. I put out a post here looking to borrow some equipment and within a week I had everytning lined up that I needed.

A huge thanks to Frankenswine, his teammate SoEzzy, and to Rob Selle for lending me equipment to make this possible. Your hospitality was incredible, thank you so much!

You guys are the best!!

Congrats Joe!! With your trip to Lynchburg no set you don't have to be so hard on us up here in Marshall next month!! Hope you are still planning to come. Look forward to seeing you.

R u now an auto into the Jack this year?

Yes, should be...

First year contest so it needed 15 teams (had 21)
Only "state championship" designated contest in Utah.

We are hoping were in:-D

Congrats Joe!! With your trip to Lynchburg no set you don't have to be so hard on us up here in Marshall next month!! Hope you are still planning to come. Look forward to seeing you.

Yes we are planning on it! Are you guys coming to Rochester this weekend?

Joe - we are not. My cooking partner's son got married so I am smoking up a little something for their party! Timing is everything... Glad you're planning on making it up here...should be bigger and better than last year.

Back