• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Today's cook. ..

Thanks all. We were planning for around 130 folks. We also had hash brown casserole, cole slaw, and corn. We did the corn on the grill as well. It was while kernel that we put in pans with olive oil, salt and pepper. Surprised how much smoke it took on.

We got some rest last night. We were both worn out. But the future bride and groom loved it. Sorry for no after pictures but we were right on time. (We cooked off sight then transferred it to the party site)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I'm moving to where you live! That looks awesome..:hail:

Actually he's moving to where I live. :whoo: And even closer to Silverfinger! :hungry:

Lionel - we're looking forward to having you out here brother! :thumb:

20 butts and 36 chix for 130 - musta been some hawngry folks! I'm guessing that's enough for everyone to get pork and chicken both, yes?

Yes we made it possible for everyone to have chicken and pork. Needless to say no one went away hungry!

Last edited:
Actually he's moving to where I live. :whoo: And even closer to Silverfinger! :hungry:

Lionel - we're looking forward to having you out here brother! :thumb:

20 butts and 36 chix for 130 - musta been some hawngry folks! I'm guessing that's enough for everyone to get pork and chicken both, yes?

Yep in five weeks, we leave the east coast and head to the west coast!

Looking forward to getting there! We'll have a party....once I find a place to live :shock:

Sweet...sounds like a plan...

Also, just in case anyone was wondering...

Pork Injection was a modified Chris Lilley injection, the topped with SM Season all and SM Cherry Rub.

Chicken Brined then coated with Weber Chicken and Rib Rub (even though it's more like a dust). Mopped with Easter NC Vingear sauce...

Pork and chicken was served with Eastern NC Vinegar sauce on the side or a sweeter red sauce.

Moving truck shows up here April 26th. We should pull out around the 28th. Figure for four days of us driving.

Cool. Might be hectic around the weeks after that, but I'll see about pulling something together. :thumb:

Sweet...sounds like a plan...

Also, just in case anyone was wondering...

Pork Injection was a modified Chris Lilley injection, the topped with SM Season all and SM Cherry Rub.

Chicken Brined then coated with Weber Chicken and Rib Rub (even though it's more like a dust). Mopped with Easter NC Vingear sauce...

Pork and chicken was served with Eastern NC Vinegar sauce on the side or a sweeter red sauce.

Awesome eats and fun plans!

Eastern NC born & bred, here.

20130318_172406_zps07cf70c4.jpg

Safe travels!!!!

Same here, going to be different living on the west coast. Always lived in Eastern North Carolina...

Wife and I are throwing a wedding shower for our best friends today. I'm cooking 20 butts and 36 whole chickens. A couple of pictures to get you started. .

Prepping the butts....
a7ugyreq.jpg

Butts looking good. ..

yverezum.jpg

More to come. ...

Wow looks great. I want to see the rest of this cooker that you just throw 20 butts on with lots of room to spare.:shock:

Back