CyberQ WiFi Web Service Info (Super Nerdy)

Palm, I don't have a guru wifi just yet (have the digiq ii but trying to find a reason to upgrade), but does that status XML u mentioned in the the first post come by default as part of the web app or is that something you built from parsing the page HTML?
The status.xml is a responce created by the CyberQ Wifi built in web server.

The brikset i cooked is on an electric smoke using a PID temp control unit i built. It will stay pretty steady through out the cook. The Cyber Q and your program now give me the extra data i was missing. So i this last brisket i took off at 185 around 8:30am stored in a cooler till 5pm and it was still warm enough to eat.
Ahhh, I have an electric Bradley in my quiver. Would your PID work with that?

Last edited:
So I sold my DigiQ DX2 today and would like to get the Wifi is it worth it?

So I sold my DigiQ DX2 today and would like to get the Wifi is it worth it?

It will be after the smart BBQ-brethren folks debug the software. 'Till then, a less expensive solution should suffice.

I like my BBQ Guru CyberQ Wifi + Power Raptor. But I have not yet experienced any benefits over the regular CyberQ sans WiFi.

Is the future that Wifi and assiciated programmability can bring worth the extra price? I believe so. But, frankly today, no; tomorrow, hopefully.

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on and testing an iPhone and Android version of the BBQ Wifi. Here are some screen shots of the app.

IMG_0093.png
IMG_0094.png

IMG_0095.png

IMG_0096.png

IMG_0097.png

IMG_0098.png

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank You

That looks VERY cool ! Thanks for working on it and let us know when you launch it.

Looks awesome! Want techy alpha testers? I could use an excuse to whip up some ribs this weekend :) And I can give proper logs and such if it goes wrong.

Sent from my T-mobile SGS III using Tapatalk 2

I should have a working iPhone version very soon. As soon as I do, i can post some links for people to download the test version. After that Android will be available shortly after. If everything goes well with the phone version, I will also release the iPad and Android tablet versions.

Thanks for all of the feedback!!

I should have a working iPhone version very soon. As soon as I do, i can post some links for people to download the test version. After that Android will be available shortly after. If everything goes well with the phone version, I will also release the iPad and Android tablet versions.

I cannot wait to try this!

When you are ready for Android testers I can fire it up on an sgs4g (gingerbread) 2 tablets (media pad aka springboard and tf201) and my sgs3.. Lots of different devices and both major OS versions. (Oh and nook color under gb or is.) Probably not all at once though since the cyberq would die..

The iPhone and PC apps posted above look great! I'm an old Unix hacker, so I couldn't resist the temptation to attack this with a shell script. Using wget to read the raw HTML, bash to parse it, and gnuplot to render it, I produced this:

1qgmD.png

Incidentally, I tried to post the bash script that produced the chart above, but the forum server rejects it. If there's interest, I'll see if one of the forum mods can post it on my behalf.

[Edit: this post will not make any sense until the previous post clears moderation. I guess images trigger the filter.]

Last edited:
Incidentally, I tried to post the bash script that produced the chart above, but the forum server rejects it. If there's interest, I'll see if one of the forum mods can post it on my behalf.

[Edit: this post will not make any sense until the previous post clears moderation. I guess images trigger the filter.]

You could stick it on pastebin, just be sure to set it to not expire.

Gosh darn you! This app may push me over the edge to buying the CyberQ. I'm surprised BBQ Guru isn't jumpin up and down about it. It's exactly this kind of easy interface that makes the difference for most non-tech types.

.... It's exactly this kind of easy interface that makes the difference for most non-tech types.

So why is it that Splashtop can automaticaly link between iPad and PC when on different networks and BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi cannot? The difference is effort into making a good product. I expect that the investment by BBQ Guru involves about two weeks of competent programming at say $100 and hour; namely 80x100, or $8K tops. At $450 per cyberQ including fan or Power Raptor as I have, that translates into about 18 units; considering their profit point perhaps 36 units sold.

Appears that BBQ Guru management has indeed changed since the death of its founder.

So why is it that Splashtop can automaticaly link between iPad and PC when on different networks and BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi cannot? The difference is effort into making a good product. I expect that the investment by BBQ Guru involves about two weeks of competent programming at say $100 and hour; namely 80x100, or $8K tops. At $450 per cyberQ including fan or Power Raptor as I have, that translates into about 18 units; considering their profit point perhaps 36 units sold.

Appears that BBQ Guru management has indeed changed since the death of its founder.

Splash top uses tons of server-side infrastructure to make that possible. They even proxy for connections (like mobile) that don't allow incoming. How would you connect to a guru that has no outbound net connection? Totally different from the guru, although I agree they should have built all the graphing etc into the device directly..

Back