• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Teaching my Daughter how to cook on our new Kamado Joe Jr.

That's pure awesome, right there. :clap2:

My daughter is turning 7 next week...I have about 50 of those rubber band bracelets too. Love every one of them. :thumb:

I envy you. My 36 year old likes eating Q but resists all my efforts to teach him how to make it. Some folks are luckier than others. :wink: Great job.

That's pure awesome, right there. :clap2:

My daughter is turning 7 next week...I have about 50 of those rubber band bracelets too. Love every one of them. :thumb:

What day? My daughter turns 7 on this Saturday!

Yep, tons of bracelets here too (I knew someone would notice). My step-mom took a mission trip to Uganda in February and my daughter made about 40 of them for her to take to give to kids over there. My step-mom said that the bracelets were wanted by everyone of all ages there and if she gave them one it was like they won the lottery. She's one heck of a little girl and makes her daddy REALLY proud. The orange and black one is to match my YS1500 :becky: and was handmade without a loom. That was totally her idea. The other one is Steelers colors. We have Husker colors too among others.

Fan-farkin-tastic! This is one of the best threads I've seen. Love it.

Oh, and the burgers looked pretty good too!

Husker that's just awesome! Brings back memories for me. :) The time you spend with her now will be cherished the rest of her life. You're a great dad.... Kudos to both of you! :cool: :thumb:

That is great quality time and she sure looks like a great cook in the making. Let me just add you (and everybody else) need to take all the time you can with the kids and when you don't think you have time; make it! My guys are 20 and 26 now and we are really fortunate that we still get to spend a lot of time with each other, but every day that goes by without spending that quality time is lost. Good on you dad!

Now how cool is that?! She gets to cook just like her dad! I'd be quite excited as well--I remember what it was like! (I remember getting excited making burgers on $5 Kmart non-covered round grill with briquettes & lighter fluid.)

I got my brother into BBQ with the UDS, and now the two girls want a toy grill & accessories to play with. I think maybe I'll give my brother the Smokey Joe Silver as well so they can learn on it.

Your daughter did a pro job and I love the look of approval on her face after eating the first burger she cooked. :smile:

(Btw, I like the idea of using brown butcher paper instead of dirtying a plate.. I got this recently acquired huge 30" 765 foot roll from Amazon I need to use up.. the paper you used is the same you use for brisket or is that the coated freezer paper?)

Now how cool is that?! She gets to cook just like her dad! I'd be quite excited as well--I remember what it was like! (I remember getting excited making burgers on $5 Kmart non-covered round grill with briquettes & lighter fluid.)

I got my brother into BBQ with the UDS, and now the two girls want a toy grill & accessories to play with. I think maybe I'll give my brother the Smokey Joe Silver as well so they can learn on it.

Your daughter did a pro job and I love the look of approval on her face after eating the first burger she cooked. :smile:

(Btw, I like the idea of using brown butcher paper instead of dirtying a plate.. I got this recently acquired huge 30" 765 foot roll from Amazon I need to use up.. the paper you used is the same you use for brisket or is that the coated freezer paper?)

That is freezer paper. When I get it from the meat counter they wrap it in freezer paper and I use it as the work surface to form and then to carry the burgers for the same reason you said, why dirty something else.

Back