Suckling pig

D.F. Expat

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok, with all this talk going around about whole hogs etc, I think I wanna try my luck with a suckling pig, I know a place here local where I can get one, anything special I should know before starting this? Should I have them prepare it a certain way? What kind of temps do you run it up to? Any tips as to how to not ruin the loins in the process? Was considering injecting with ice water or similar on the loins to slow the cook down some. Any and all advice is appreciated.

John

I love little piggies. Thanks soo much for coming over we have to do it again soon. My wife loves your butt hahahahaaha. So I might be calling you for some tech tips. Talk to you soon.
Frank the tank

recently did a 60 lb. pig. Splayed it open, and rubbed the whole thing down with a good rub. Layed it flat over indirect coals for about four hours, turning once at the last half hour. Came out excellant.

Sorry guy, I got nothing on whole piggies. Maybe when I finally get a job I will buy a la caja china and start doing them.

Still learning this whole patience thing, between the 6 month old and the smoker it has been a crash course though!

Back