"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Cooking for for sons grad party. 6 pork butts,3 briskest and 60 pounds of wings. I hope everything comes out good.

Going to cook some stuffed quail and cornish hens, and work on outdoor kitchen if rain stops

Not smoking, but grilling a nice rib-eye on my little Aussie walkabout for the wife and I on Sunday night.

Matt

Might grab a brisket tonight to cook Sunday (going to a crawfish boil tomorrow). Kroger has them on sale for $1.99/lb (choice I think). My wife will yell at me for buying one when I have so many in the freezer, but it sure is nice doing a cook without a defrost.

4 butts tomorrow for my mother and father in-law's surprise vow renewal party, and a case of chicken on Sunday for my son's 1st birthday party.

Got some pork tenderloins and got the first ears of corn from the farmers market. And there is a Tri tip in the freezer that I'm debating on doing some time.

No smoking for me this weekend - all good though - I'll be in the great state of Tennesee! :whoo:

I got my eye on a few spots I wanna hit around Nashville and Knoxville. :hungry: I'm really hoping to hit a whole hog place in Lexington, TN - schedule will be iffy, but I'm gonna work hard to make it happen!

No smoking for me this weekend - all good though - I'll be in the great state of Tennesee! :whoo:

I got my eye on a few spots I wanna hit around Nashville and Knoxville. :hungry: I'm really hoping to hit a whole hog place in Lexington, TN - schedule will be iffy, but I'm gonna work hard to make it happen!

When you are in Nashville visit Pegleg porker.
Have Phun G.!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Today I am doing a test cook of a boston butt at 275 degrees. I had the butcher cut a 10 pounder in half (across the bone) to shorten the cook time. I am hoping that it will be done in about five hours. I would like to pull it and share it with friends this evening.

Yesterday afternoon I did chicken legs and thigh quarters. For the rub I used Bilardo Brothers Chicken rub (yeah, not very imaginative) and I tried out the coconut shell briquettes that I found at Lowe's. The cook was started at about 2pm (central time) yesterday afternoon and was done at 5:30 in time to stuff some in my kids before baseball practice. I was quite happy because I didn't have to stuff hard at all. :grin:

This morning I found live coals in the firebox! The amount of ash was unbelievable but that there was still burning briquettes was impressive to me (I'm easy, I guess :wacko:) I am giving serious thought to picking up another bag of coconut briquettes for the overnight portion of the cook next week.

Don't know what we're cooking this weekend - Skydiving tonight after work, working tomorrow morning then going to a whole-hog birthday party Saturday night though - so we will certainly get our BBQ phix!! Sunday we're doing some more skydiving...Liphe is good !!

Have a golf tournament tomorrow, so probably just something simple on Sunday. There was that thread about hot dogs...

Just going to work on my chicken since the bite through skin still eludes me. Finally got me some Plowboys Yardbird rub so I'll throw that on some chicken and ribs and keep practicing!

Have fun this weekend everyone!

Back