• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cast Iron Grate for Weber 22.5"

silverfinger

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ive seen these before here on the Brethren.

Anyone care to share where they got theirs from and how they like it?

Do you mean the Craycrofts?

51khpJr2sAL._SX450_.jpg

This just in on Facebook from Craycort:

Black Friday Discount Alert!
Now is the right time to get that accessory or additional grate you have been waiting for:

- We now have pizzastones, beer can chicken seats and griddles for every size grate we make.
- Vegetable Woks are available for our 22", 18" and new XLegg-grates(only 2013 models).
- Any fishermen out there should try our flying fish holder, works great for trouts!

New in our lineup is the solid cast iron pan insert for the 22" grate. Good for popcorn or frying on the grill.

With this code you get 20% off every product

blackfriday20

Valid till november 30th 2013.

Good timing! :cool:

https://www.cast-iron-grate.com

Now is the right time to get that accessory or additional grate you have been waiting for:

- We now have pizzastones, beer can chicken seats and griddles for every size grate we make.
- Vegetable Woks are available for our 22", 18" and new XLegg-grates(only 2013 models).
- Any fishermen out there should try our flying fish holder, works great for trouts!

New in our lineup is the solid cast iron pan insert for the 22" grate. Good for popcorn or frying on the grill.

blackfriday20

Thats good stuff right there! Thanks!:clap2:

I have the Stok. A little thin but it works fine. I use it on the spare kettle when I'm cooking more than can fit on the Performer. I prefer the stainless Weber grate and use that on my Performer.

Craycort has a 15% off sale until Black Friday.

edit: looks like it's 20% off (website says 15)!

My son has had Craycorts on his performer for years and they are still going strong. I just got a set for my 26.75 OGT And they are great. They cook & sear much better that wire grates and very easy to maintain, just brush them off when done cooking and a light coat of cooking oil.

Need anymore proof..........................:becky:

Pros: Really heavy, sear fantastic, cleanup easy, pre seasoned
Cons, Have to take 5 parts out to setup grill, really heavy, that is all

100_1946.jpg

100_1928.jpg

if yer tight like me, I just throw a cast iron grate from another grill on top of the regular grate and cook that way. works great.

I have the STOK grate on my Weber and I love it, but I often switch grates depending on what I'm cooking. On the STOK I can concentrate the heat in the center section and give my steaks a really good sear! :thumb:

Untitled.jpg

I love the craycorts, they give really great grill marks and retain a lot of heat, they also allow you add coals very easily. It also frees up my weber grate for my UDS!

My wife (Mabbq) ordered me one for Christmas. It showed up in the mail yesterday.:becky:
I was going to order one before the sale ended. Sure glad I saw it.
Thanks everyone for your input! I know I'm going to like this grate!

blackfriday20

I used to have the Weber cast iron grate for my 22.5, and I got rid of it. I personally didn't see any benefit, and it was a PITA to maintain. If I used it, and forgot to bring it inside, I had to de-rust it and re-season it.

The seasoning just couldn't hold up to the heat of good steak level charcoal heat. I had to oil it after cooking, then bring it inside.

That's just my own two-cents. A lot of people love CI grates. It just didn't work out well for me.

CD

Back