• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Easily Best Ribs I've Ever Made! (pr0n)

SchatzSea

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hadn't made ribs for a long time (last time they sucked...), thought it was time.
Best ribs I've ever made by far! Wifey agreed, smoker toys justified +1 :clap2: .

Picked up 3 slabs at Costco - looked great!

Image00001.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Decided to try Harry' Soo's "Amazing Ribs". Thank you Harry!!
On the WSM (with water pan) at 275*. After 2 hrs 15 min bark was set and looking good! Could've done without the extra 15 min, but took longer than I expected to run and buy fireworks... BTW, the various dark spots are shade from the tree - swear I didn't burn them.

Image00007.jpg

Used a sifter to sprinkle brown sugar on meat and bone sides, drizzled honey on both.

Image00008.jpg

Turned meat-side down in foil, added a little apple juice, sealed 'em up, and back on for ~1.5 hrs. Bark was firm, but not too tough, tenderness was just right, and they tasted pretty awesome!

Before sauce:

Image00012.jpg

Was in the mood for the Blues Hog, just went with original since I already had honey and brown sugar on the ribs.

Image00013.jpg

Image00014.jpg

Image00015.jpg

Nice!

I'm too lazy to do the foiling/saucing and all that, but I should check it out one day.

Those Ribs look Bomb. Definately gonna be trying those when I get my smoker.

Wow, they definitely look very nicely done ... I'm sure they tasted great too.

Dang I do it to myself every time. Now I want ribs for supper. Great looking ribs :icon_smile_tongue:

Homerun for sure. Great looking ribs, and the most important part is your wifey liked them.

Honey! I just made ribs this weekend and forgot about the honey. I used yellow mustard to hold the rub on. Came out delicious, but next time I will remember to add some honey...

Smoking them really made a difference. As you said, it solidified my purchase (in mine and my wife's eyes).

Back