• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Went a little overboard, spent more than I should have.

Have two IQs, love them!! My DigiQ hasn't seen much use since I got the IQs!

I made my "water proof" box. I use quotes because I cracked my box making it. I gues I'll try to use silicone to try to seal the cracks so it functions.

@hogsfan ill I did was drill two holes just slightly larger than the mounting tabs on the digiq and put it in those holes and it locks on like its glued. I will try to post a pic for you sometime tomorrow

@hogsfan here is a picture of how I mounted the digi
b8e34fc4-b441-d05f.jpg

Wow MStoney, That looks like it works great. It looks like my Performer is going to have some "surgery" this weekend. ;)

Thanks.

Wow MStoney, That looks like it works great. It looks like my Performer is going to have some "surgery" this weekend. ;)

Thanks.

I am a very very happy man with my digiq, a step drill makes it real easy to perform your surgery, just make sure you get the spread right on the two holes and you will be golden

So I bit the bullet and now I regret it. I drilled a hole in the front and I don't think it was the right spot. I accidentally tightened the bold to the point of slightly bending the manifold, but there is still a 1/4" gap at some places between the grill and the manifold. I am not sure how good the controller will be with that kind of gap. I don't want to turn my weber into swiss cheese so what can i do?

So I bit the bullet and now I regret it. I drilled a hole in the front and I don't think it was the right spot. I accidentally tightened the bold to the point of slightly bending the manifold, but there is still a 1/4" gap at some places between the grill and the manifold. I am not sure how good the controller will be with that kind of gap. I don't want to turn my weber into swiss cheese so what can i do?

I'm wondering if you couldn't get their air hose adapter that they are offering on there website. I'm not sure how big of a hole you have already drilled, but you could possibly use a step drill and drill it until you have the right size. Right now you have the big bowl thing on the outside, correct? Also with those adapters you could put an adaptor on another cooker and use you iq on that too, just sayin:)

Just thinking about your setup a little bit more and I was noticing that the hose barb looks like it might be plastic?? That being said, that is probably not a good idea to install it up against the grill, so I was thinking that maybe your local hardware store might have a metal threaded barb fitting that fits your hose, maybe a brass, or stainless piece would be optimal to prevent rust or corrosion. Just kinda wanted to throw another idea at ya:).

Yeah a hose barb may work. Another thing may be a heat resistant silicone ring. I don't need to block off all air leaks completely but I need to close this gap that is there.

I don't know who is reading this anymore but I wanted to check a possible solution. What if I put silicone around the rim of the manifold and let it dry so that when I put it on it would create a sort of gasket. I also want to let it dry on the manifold in case it doesnt work, I can scrape it off. I don't want to have to scrape the grill as well.

My only concern would be the grilling heat, but it may not get too hot below the coals.

But the last thing I want to do is cap the current hole and drill another. I don't want to turn my grill into swiss cheese.

I don't know who is reading this anymore but I wanted to check a possible solution. What if I put silicone around the rim of the manifold and let it dry so that when I put it on it would create a sort of gasket. I also want to let it dry on the manifold in case it doesnt work, I can scrape it off. I don't want to have to scrape the grill as well.

My only concern would be the grilling heat, but it may not get too hot below the coals.

But the last thing I want to do is cap the current hole and drill another. I don't want to turn my grill into swiss cheese.

That will work if you use high heat silicone, you might also want to do a bead of silicone and then put a oven gasket on that bead but you don't have to the silicone will work fine.

High Temp silicone
HiuUEXs8i5DadVqOT_733i9G-o5L3HO5ilVZURle_y4InyF2L6HFcKnV6S4hKe2LAuCvGTTLqkwQ5X-hd7dRNybKQi-Z4p0PvWR2bvgs7jXDUM7iZhRd1bvBdMMJMYizelNPm69VJujNbNWKUa7bpxk05z-Jv3qN27iYIYJcvA

Oven Gasket
5303131601_LRG.jpg

Edit: for the hole you want to patch you can use a knockout they are found in the electrical section of the Home depot or lowes they look like this and come in different sizes
939704_300.jpg
SNAP125.jpg

Last edited:
Back