Would you eat...

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
....a BBQ Haystack? We are looking to throw a little variety at an event we are doing next weekend. It would be, in the following order from bottom to top, and served in a cardboard boat;
Fritos, Pulled Pork, Sauce, Shredded Lettuce, Cheddar Cheese, Optional Onion, Ranch Dressing. Thoughts?

Fritos, pulled pork, sauce, north carolina style cole slaw, and a sprinkle of cheese sounds better, but I would try it.:wink:

Hmmm...I woudl probably have done the coleslaw instead, but maybe if you add bacon the lettuce will work?

A rub and sauce maker down here calls it a pig pie.

Sassy JonesFamous Pig Pie:
One layer of corn chips
One layer of baked beans
One layer of pulled pork shoulder
One layer of Sassy Jones Original BBQ sauce
One layer of shredded cheddar cheese
One layer of cole slaw
If you want a small one, do it in a saucer, If you want a big one, do it in a wash tub!

I plan on offering Frito Pie. The lettuce throws me off, but it might be a Texas thing. That's why Frito Pies will do well here.:-D

Sounds good but I would echo the above about the lettuce. Slaw (vinegar not mayo based) would work better I think, although it would raise the cost.

I would probably buy something else. It sounds interesting and like something I would try, but not something I would buy from a vendor at a festival or event.

I would probably not order it, not because it doesn't sound good, but, it seems like it would cause me problems.

My SIL would order it though, as I am sure would my nephew and all his teenage buddies and just about half the people I eat breakfast with on Saturdays at the coffee shop.

Sounds great to me, but not a big fritos fan. Definitely would want to try it.
What about on French fries?

Fries are an issue (rather not deep fry on site). I'm sensing a decided lean to cole slaw and not lettuce. Interesting. I thought lettuce would give it a salad look....We will also be doing pp, brisket, tips, german potato salad and beans.

Back