Who did bacon wrapped pork tenderloin

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Was it Rick? I can't find the post with the grilled bacon wrapped pork tenderloin slices.

I'm gonna try it tomorrow. Should I brine the tenderloin first?

Any other tips to keep from drying out the tenderloin, but cooking the bacon?

By the way, plan on cooking on the Egg.

I do not brine tenderloin

2 hours tops at 220*

Bacon on Bacon wrapped will just be done, but the pork loin will be perfect.

If you got the 2 pack cryo vac, start a pot of beans at the end, chop up leftover tenderloin.

I've had kickassbbq type baked beans when using tenderloin. Smoke ring on a tenderloin without bacon reaches all but the very middle.

So, no need to brine.

Good luck, Jerry

Sylvie did the chunks at the bash.
socalbash076.jpg

I do it all the time. I just wrap the seasoned tenderloing in bacon and what Bill said, about 220 for 2 hours, then drop it on the grill side to crisp up each side of bacon.

Sooooo good.

We did some in this thread. Made some this weekend for HoDeDo & Mr's HoDeDo along with a 3 lb. salmon fillet.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28021

Made some this weekend for HoDeDo & Mr's HoDeDo along with a 3 lb. salmon fillet. What I learned to do is cut the "chops" from the tenderloin twice as thick as the bacon. Then butterfly the chop, fold, toothpick, and wrap. You'll kinda see what I mean from the picks in the above thread.

just saw this thread...
i've done bacon wrapped loins several times and the trick is to cook on the bacon side first, then the pork sides. i do them direct at about 300 and it only takes about 30 minutes. no brine

easter2007-009.jpg

just saw this thread...
i've done bacon wrapped loins several times and the trick is to cook on the bacon side first, then the pork sides. i do them direct at about 300 and it only takes about 30 minutes. no brine

easter2007-009.jpg

Direct or raised direct? When cooking bacon side first, how many times were you "rolling" them over on the bacon sides? Gonna try this tonight. What internal temp should I shoot for? I don't want to dry these things out. Might "under cook" half of them for reheating tomorrow.

Another trick that I learned from Alton Brown's show, I think, is to microwave the bacon for just a few seconds before wrapping. (cool the bacon back down first) The idea is that you've started rendering the fat from the bacon so the bacon is done when the pork is.

Not that Rick's trick isn't a good one, but thought I'd toss that in, too. I've done it before. Works pretty well.

Direct or raised direct? When cooking bacon side first, how many times were you "rolling" them over on the bacon sides? Gonna try this tonight. What internal temp should I shoot for? I don't want to dry these things out. Might "under cook" half of them for reheating tomorrow.
i did it direct regular grid location on my medium. your large should have a greater distance to the coals at the regular grid location, depending on how full you fill the firebox.

i did 5 minutes on one bacon edge, 5 minutes on the opposite bacon edge, then 5 minutes pork side, then 5 minutes on the pork side, then adjust for even cooking on all as they needed it. i had to kinda rotate the grid cause i had a hot spot. pull at anything past 140 degrees. 155 max

forgot to add i learned this little trick from dr bbq, except it was for scallops in his book. same theory for the pork.

and now some more bacon wrapped pork pron!

07marbristol-025.jpg

2jan07-034.jpg

We did some in this thread. Made some this weekend for HoDeDo & Mr's HoDeDo along with a 3 lb. salmon fillet.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28021

Made some this weekend for HoDeDo & Mr's HoDeDo along with a 3 lb. salmon fillet. What I learned to do is cut the "chops" from the tenderloin twice as thick as the bacon. Then butterfly the chop, fold, toothpick, and wrap. You'll kinda see what I mean from the picks in the above thread.

THAT TENDERLOIN WAS AWESOME.... we were sitting behind the campers at Warrensburg on Thursday night.... and at 11:30, there were no less than 6 of us devouring every bite of those bacon wrapped morsels. The Salmon was outstanding as well. HECK of a dinner.

Back