BBQ Pitmasters and Pellet Envy

B

bo_gator

I was at the Tryon, NC competition yesterday, and BBQ Pitmasters were there filming. I couldn't help but notice that Pellet Envy was one of the three teams competing for the show. This has to be the third time, at least, they have been on the show. It seems to me that there has to be more good BBQ teams out there that deserve a shot at being on the show, and as a fan, I know I get tired of the same people being on there every few weeks.

</rant>

Remember though that the network has to ensure there is some sort of rapport with viewers of the team members. It isn't just about the BBQ. In fact, I imagine BBQ is a very very distant second to ratings.

I have no clue what sort of vetting they do to see if folks will "connect" with viewers, but I imagine it is somewhat labor intensive, thus going with a known-quantity is a much easier proposition.

Just my guess, but I do agree in principle that I would like to see more fresh faces.

I "Think" I have seen all of the episodes from season one to now. May have missed something or just a senior moment and cant remember. :oops:

What prior episodes was Rod cooking in??

Thanks,

TIM

He won the KC episode last year against True Bud. Obviously he's on this season as well.

I agree ...they need a fresh face ...maybe like me that would drink a beer or 18 while BBQ'ing lol like I do at home....ppffttt I'm sure we can put a crew together for the show...who's with me ????

He won the KC episode last year against True Bud. Obviously he's on this season as well.

Thanks,

My memory cells are "reset" now! :redface:

I know Rod (kinda) and am a big fan--he was always nice and understanding to me.

It's all show business--so they can do what they feel is best IMHO. 8)

TIM

He's one of the best in BBQ and he's winning. He'll be on the show.

This is Rod's second appearance. Not a bad thing. I mean, how many times did we have to see Johnny Trigg and Leann Whippen?!

*spoiler alert*

PLEASE DO NOT READ if you dont want to know who wins upcoming pitmaster shows

well not sure if I will get in trouble for this but will state it and see what happens. Before this season is over you will see Rod (Pellet Envy) 3 times.

Bo_Gator since you saw him in NC ruins it for me but will tell it how it is since guys are wondering.

Since Rod won last season that put him in this seasons semi finale run and championship. Have you noticed this season teams are not really local. 1st episode in Florida guys were from GA, OK, CA That was part of the semi.

Pellet Envy competed last week in their semi and since we now know he won made it to the PITMASTERS Championship in NC.

I like watching Rod - I met him a few years ago in Tupelo. Good guy and knows what he is doing.

I wish he would offer a class closer to my area.

Not only are they bringing the same people back for Pitmasters, they are making other shows with the same people as well. Has anyone seen the show "Smoked" with Myron Mixon and Moe Cason competing? Or how about "The Kings Of BBQ Kuwait" with Trigg, Mixon, Tuffy Stone and Jamie Geer along with a girl that I remember from season 2 of Pitmasters!?! It seems to me that the Pitmasters thing has been taken over by the "ratings whores" and they're looking for every way possible to continue beating the same old horse until finally nobody's going to want to see ANY of it anymore! I for one would like to see the "stars" of Pitmasters do something worth while such as joining forces with OBR and helping to feed some of the folks who are having a rough time in Oklahoma or one of the other areas being ravaged by disasters! That I wouldn't mind watching over and over again!:thumb:

Talk about Pellet Envy! Damn, Rod and Sherry are some of the best in the business. Extremely good representation from people that have worked very hard to get there. I haven't seen the show, but as said it's based on winning and moving on. So I hope they're on again. Others that envy, work harder. Steve.

We chatted with Corey from Fatbacks BBQ a few weeks back and he said that he'll be on an episode again this season as well. Couldn't say much but that there is some sort of show for some of the guys that won in the past to come back. I think we'll see a handful of those guys that won in previous seasons back on the show this year.

Well, in light of all of this info, I will not say who the other two teams were this past weekend :twitch:

Has anyone seen the show "Smoked" with Myron Mixon and Moe Cason competing? Or how about "The Kings Of BBQ Kuwait" with Trigg, Mixon, Tuffy Stone and Jamie Geer along with a girl that I remember from season 2 of Pitmasters!?! It seems to me that the Pitmasters thing has been taken over by the "ratings whores" and they're looking for every way possible to continue beating the same old horse until finally nobody's going to want to see ANY of it anymore!

Kings of BBQ - BBQ Kuwait wasn't a show. It was an independent documentary created by John Markus and is showing at various film festivals. The object was to feed the troops and I'm sure that John chose the people that he worked with based on who he knew he would get along with and who would produce great food.

See it if you get the opportunity. It was clearly a labor of love and much more about the men and women serving in our military than about getting ratings.

Eric

I agree ...they need a fresh face ...maybe like me that would drink a beer or 18 while BBQ'ing lol like I do at home....ppffttt I'm sure we can put a crew together for the show...who's with me ????

I'm ALL IN !!!! :cheers:

Not only are they bringing the same people back for Pitmasters, they are making other shows with the same people as well. Has anyone seen the show "Smoked" with Myron Mixon and Moe Cason competing? Or how about "The Kings Of BBQ Kuwait" with Trigg, Mixon, Tuffy Stone and Jamie Geer along with a girl that I remember from season 2 of Pitmasters!?! It seems to me that the Pitmasters thing has been taken over by the "ratings whores" and they're looking for every way possible to continue beating the same old horse until finally nobody's going to want to see ANY of it anymore! I for one would like to see the "stars" of Pitmasters do something worth while such as joining forces with OBR and helping to feed some of the folks who are having a rough time in Oklahoma or one of the other areas being ravaged by disasters! That I wouldn't mind watching over and over again!:thumb:

GREAT IDEA ....that would be AMAZING ...the hell with ratings do something that helps people ...again GREAT IDEA

Back