Temp Probe Storage

jgdusc

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Wondering what the best way to store temp probes for stoker, and igrill. Was contemplating some sort of rack to allow them to hang when not in use. Assuming there wouldn't be any reason for them to not, ie stress on either end. Just trying to keep them organized, and don't like the idea of them being coiled all the time. Thanks for any thoughts or ideas.

I have the igrill for a few years now. I just coil them in large loops about 4 inches in diameter haven't had a problem yet.

i just coil mine and store them in a drawer,when i travel i place them in a tupper ware type container.
i've never had any kind of problem with them what so ever.

Mark

Sounds like maybe a little dedicated tool box or container might be best. I often over think these things but I also love any reason to break out tools. :clap2:

I don't travel so I just keep mine mounted on my WSM. The less you handle it the longer it will last. These were originally designed for permanent installation.

"You don't win friends with salad!" - Homer Simpson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For my CyberQ, I coil them up and put them in a ziplock.

I have coiled my probe cords for years and I have a small tool box for my bbq tools and they just get put back in the BBQ box when done.

My Stoker meat probes are coiled and in a plastic bag. The pit probes are still attached to a splitter and coiled. I placed a colored zip tie to each pit probe that matches up with a fan so I don't have to keep assigning probes to fans. All my Stoker equipment is kept in a drawer dedicated to them alone.

I coil them up and hang them on a nail in my garage. With my new CyberQ WiFi, I'm going to need a better way though. :p

Sounds like coil and store is the winner. Wish I had room for a dedicated draw but already have two. Will be on look out for nice tool box. Thanks again.

I don't travel so I just keep mine mounted on my WSM. The less you handle it the longer it will last. These were originally designed for permanent installation.

I do the same. I see no reason not to. I just wipe the meat probe with a wipe before use. But, I think we're in the minority.

I have had good luck by coiling my probes inside of a round tin box that Danish Butter Cookies came in. There is also enough room to store the transmitter and receiver of the Maverick and the Thermapen.

Back