I got a cute little butt....

MOS95B

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
First Que of 2010 for me will also be my first Pork Butt. It's supposed to be a balmy 39* today, but I couldn't wait any longer....

Covered butt.
I didn't see it til I got home, but the lable says something about "up to 8% solution. Really hope I didn't waste my money, but Tyson's was all they had

Nekkid butt

Y'all 'scuse me while I rub my butt....

To be continued...

I've never tried an enhanced butt, but I did try enhanced ribs one and they came out tasting like ham. It will be interesting to see what you think after it is done.

Enhanced or not, You are in for some good eats! If its your first butt and your lookin for Pulled Pork, Smoke it till the Bone will wiggle. Its a Built in indicater like the pop ups on a turkey. Have a great smoke.

Dan

Yes indeed you do have a FINE looking little butt. I suggest you smoke that little butt with some apple wood low and slow until you can wiggle that bone outta your little butt.
Hee! Hee!

I just happen to have a bag of apple wood from the orchard.

Now that it is officially spring, my butt is on the fire... Based on what I've read here and seen on TV, I ain't gonna touch my butt for the next hour. It'll be tough not looking at my butt, but I have learned I should not play with it too soon....

First hour down....

PS, still smoking on the cheapass UniFlame grill. However, as I am pretty sure I can say I have quit the cigs, I'm getting a real smoker soon. It's my "prize" for quitting

what the false advertisment!! your thread title is missleading... HAHAA

Looks good to me, in any event, it is the first one of spring, it can't really be bad.

I dated a gal that had an enhanced butt. It was not a bad thing.

I've never tried an enhanced butt, but I did try enhanced ribs one and they came out tasting like ham. It will be interesting to see what you think after it is done.
All the word enhanced means ( salt injection ) butt, means they had to enhance the taste of the butt with salt since it was a bad cut ! :)

All the word enhanced means ( salt injection ) butt, means they had to enhance the taste of the butt with salt since it was a bad cut ! :)

Well... It's not because it is a bad cut, it is because the general public don't know how to cook pork and the pigs are so much leaner that the pork producers are doing this to help people put out a moist piece of meat. Unfortunately, when cooking low and slow with enhanced meats the salt cures the meat and you end up with, well, ham. If I want ham, I'll buy ham :becky:

The light outside wasn't very good (using my Droid Eris for pics)

But, once I got it inside

So after having had a (a bit too much) dinner, gotta say it turned out pretty good. Didn't come out tasting like ham, so I ain't afraid of Tyson's no more.

Internal temp was in the 180's. Nice smoke ring. Very juicy. Bone didn't just slide out, but it did come out nice and clean. The Missus and I were both happy with the taste.

I would say my first butt was a success. No, I gotta see if/when The Missus wants to head to Southern MN...

Back