NY Bone-in roast with pron

LuvDbbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Took out the roast and made an injection of my rub, A-1, water and Maple syrup. Heated and strained then injected meat with it. Then took the remaining strained rub, added more dry and more A-1, crushed garlic and olive oil to make a paste. Rubbed that all over the roast and wrapped it in Saran wrap. Plan on slow cooking it with apple-wood smoke this afternoon.

album.php
picture.php

picture.php

album.php

Its so hard waiting....:drama:

I'm not sure what a NY (New York?) roast is, but it looks like a rib roast to me.

I cook mine to 125 - 130 and then sear the outside for a nice medium rare after resting.

Here's a stock pic of a New York strip roast...

ce5e0beb-b361-4590-94de-b4f2e0faa3ab.jpg

I've never done one but have seen them at Costco and am seriously considering doing one for Christmas...

Please share the finished pron when you are done feasting. :becky:

I've cooked plenty of strip loins but the picture in the first post doesn't look like a strip it looks like a rib roast.

All I know is what the label said. First it had New York Holiday Roast then on the price tag area it said "NY ROAST B-IN SELECT" 4.73lbs. Under the main label it does say 'Beef Loin Bone-In.'
Either way its going on the grill in a few minutes.

Agreed Ron... How do you like strip loins?

Most of the time I cut it into steaks, but when I do cook one as a roast I cook it just like a rib roast. 250 - 275 until it hits 125-130 internal then sear and rest.

Out of the BBQ.
picture.php

Sliced for serving.
picture.php

Plated and ready to eat with grilled Yams, mashed potatoes and gravy and salad
picture.php

picture.php

Good looking dinner you got there neighbor... Did you enjoy the NY beef?

wow that looks great, makes me want some right now and I just ate dinner..

Back