Mini-Crawl for lunch in Lexington, NC

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Decided to get out and take a drive to Lexington for lunch..

First stop was Cook's BBQ, then Lexington Barbecue (aka Honey Monk's).

There were a few recommendations about Cook's in the past, so I decided to make that my first stop... Definitely in a unique spot... practically residential. The hushpuppies were great. I decided to go with the coarse chopped. Good flavor, tenderness and vinegar flavor.

I was stuffed at this point, but decided to proceed onto Lexington Barbecue... Decided to go with the regular chopped plate. Pretty good but kinda soggy, like it was sitting in water and scooped out. BBQ beans definitely had smoke flavor.

I passed by a few other places like Jimmy's Barbecue, Speedy Lohr's but I knew I only had two food stops in me.

Attachments

• cooks1.jpg
    cooks1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 38
  • cooks2.jpg
    cooks2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 38
  • cooks3.jpg
    cooks3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 38
  • cooks plate.jpg
    cooks plate.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 38
  • cooksdin.jpg
    cooksdin.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Lexington

Attachments

• lex sign.jpg
    lex sign.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 37
  • lex1.jpg
    lex1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 37
  • lex lot.jpg
    lex lot.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 37
  • lex2.jpg
    lex2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 37
  • lex3.jpg
    lex3.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 37
  • lex4.jpg
    lex4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 37
  • lex sauce.jpg
    lex sauce.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 37
YES!!!! I just received a shipment of BBQ sauce form Lexington BBQ out of curiosity about Carolina BBQ sauces. I really like the Spicy sauce. That is some good stuff.

Great trip!
As much as i would want to stop in for some Lexington BBQ that plate of pork mash makes me want to puke.

I know that this is NC BBQ sacrilege!!!, but I MUCH prefer Cook's over Lexington #1! But it depends on what day it is at Cook's, not all days are the same! Those hushpuppie marbles are to die for!!!

But finding Cook's is a challenge! I wouldn't quite classify it as residential, as you have to drive PAST a couple houses down to the end of a dead end road to find it!

Back