Italian Street Food with pr0n...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm Italian-American, and love traditional Italian-American foods. Today, I decided to do a little bit of Italian-American street food, but not the way it is normally done.

Sausage and peppers is a traditional working man's food, that I love. It is usually cooked in a big fry pan, but I figured it could be done on my Smokey Joe, and taste mighty fine. It was better than I expected.

I took some mild Italian sausage, some red and yellow bell peppers, and some yellow cooking onion, and stuck it on skewers to make it easy to manage on the Smokey Joe. The skewers were just a means to an end. They just made it easier to cook on a grill. I coated the meat and veggies with olive oil, and sprinkled it with finely chopped fresh oregano and basil from my garden, and some fresh ground black pepper.

I grilled it, and put it in a bowl all by itself. Hey, it's street food.

Here is a shot of the skewers before cooking, on the grill, and the money shot in a plain white bowl -- right before I devoured it.

I will never do sausage and peppers in a skillet again. This is way better. The little bit of grilling char makes a big difference. The sweet flavor of the peppers were way more pronounced then when I do the same dish on the stove in a skillet. Grilling rocks!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CD

That is definitly a "V8" moment for me, will be on the grill tomorrow:-D:-D:-D!

Yes please. I'll have 2 skewers and some nice fresh Italian bread with a drizzle of the finest evoo and balsamic please.

Looks fanfarkingtastic!! Great work!:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

(Yup thats 5 hungry guys, better than 5 stars :thumb: )

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a thing of beauty! I do something similar with brats instead of the Italian sausage. I'll give it a shot your way next time.

BTW, caseydog doesn't sound Italian. I never would have guessed :-D

AWESOME!!!!
My local grocery store had Italian sausage on sale and I picked up a ton - was just going to grill it all up with some peppers and onions for sandwiches for the games today but now I am going to change my plan - bought a bunch of pasta today too so these can get tossed in with that too - I'm hungry now...

Back