A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

BTW, I'm also coming up with a new tshirt design for this year... so I'll be asking for sizes sometime soon.

Roger,
whats this "if I can make it", thought you were going for sure.
If I have to spend another weekend with Bubba and Mike I am going to need some back up.

Scott

I agree with Jeff and Clark, the best part of the night was sitting in the rain just visiting and telling stories!

You got a lot on your plate Curt, speaking for myself, but i don't need any entertainment.

Thats why i bring Mike! :twisted:

I thought that was what Scott for ?? :mrgreen:

As long as there is Krispy Kremes he is ok... :twisted:

I have it on calender.....and planning on being there. Donuts, Deer Chili and Moink Balls........... sounds like one H---- night.

Roger,
whats this "if I can make it", thought you were going for sure.
If I have to spend another weekend with Bubba and Mike I am going to need some back up.

Scott

Keep in mind this will be a bit different than either a competition or a bash... We'll have people around the place to deal with that shouldn't cause problems, but will not be the typical stopper-by.

Since this is on church property, there's officially no drinking allowed. The church does a lot of work with recovery and can't have drinking at an event. It's not a judgement on drinking, just a policy to help those in recovery. I'm only saying this so that any new people are aware of the policy, as I don't remember saying it earlier in the thread.

The basic timeline I've got so far is:

Noon-4 pm May 16: Men are there to help cooks set up
7:15-7:30: The second annual Pretty Good BBQ ABT competition is held
ABTs serve as an appetizer for dinner
7:45-8:30 Dinner with the church staff. Dinner will be made by Pat and me.
Post 8:30 Start cooking 1000 lbs of meat!
For overnight, I also am trying to get pit assistants for everyone
7:30 am May 17 Doughnuts, and the 2nd annual Pretty Good BBQ fatty competition
1 pm Start serving sandwiches, and turn in entries to be judged
1:30 Judging is done and the PGBBQ 2009 winner is announced
2 All sandwiches gone!
Post 2 pm Guys are back to help cooks pack up

Did I miss anything?

The basic timeline I've got so far is:

Noon-4 pm May 16: Men are there to help cooks set up
7:15-7:30: The second annual Pretty Good BBQ ABT competition is held
ABTs serve as an appetizer for dinner
7:45-8:30 Dinner with the church staff. Dinner will be made by Pat and me.
Post 8:30 Start cooking 1000 lbs of meat!
For overnight, I also am trying to get pit assistants for everyone
7:30 am May 17 Doughnuts, and the 2nd annual Pretty Good BBQ fatty competition
1 pm Start serving sandwiches, and turn in entries to be judged
1:30 Judging is done and the PGBBQ 2009 winner is announced
2 All sandwiches gone!
Post 2 pm Guys are back to help cooks pack up

Did I miss anything?

1:30 am fattie competition........

Roger, ya gotta read the whole post!

Any chance on a MMBC (Mass MOINK Ball Certification)?

Jeff you been using those BGE too much. I am a stick burner gotta stay up and enjoy the night. Dont worry I will wake you so you get to see the sun rise.

Roger, ya gotta read the whole post!

Any chance on a MMBC (Mass MOINK Ball Certification)?

Rick, already noted... But it's not up to me.

There will be space to sleep inside for those that want to do so. With the amount of driving some people are doing, don't feel bad if you want to sleep; nothing official will be scheduled during the wee hours of the night.

And on the MOINK ball thing... We could add that to the appetizer list, and let the staff determine the winner of both ABTs and MOINK balls.

Gotta go buy me a new sleeping bag! I most likely will just have to use it to cover up from the cool night air as I sit in my chair watching the light blue smoke by the light of the moon.
Looking forward to it.

Scott

Something like this (from last year's PGBBQ)?

2504479984_a2c13e6e0c_o.jpg

Gotta go buy me a new sleeping bag! I most likely will just have to use it to cover up from the cool night air as I sit in my chair watching the light blue smoke by the light of the moon.
Looking forward to it.

Scott

We will have to look for a Krispy Kreme on the way down for Scott... :mrgreen:

At least I know where the good place is to get donuts, on the way down to the Ohio Bash last fall, Mike picked Kentucky Fried Chicken as the place to get bbq!
Going down to Dayton for this event maybe we should let Bubba pick. I said maybe.

Scott

I'm sure you will pass a Dollar Gerneral on the way......................

At least I know where the good place is to get donuts, on the way down to the Ohio Bash last fall, Mike picked Kentucky Fried Chicken as the place to get bbq!
Going down to Dayton for this event maybe we should let Bubba pick. I said maybe.

Scott

Back