View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

I was eyeballin one of the elites at The Big Pig Gig in Menominee Falls last fall.The one I was looking at looked decent but I wonder how well it works if your not using the Guru.Some of us cloners are having burn out issues in the chute.And one of the things implied was that the maybe some of us were using too heavy of metal for the skin and retaining too much heat.Tony have you looked in the area inside the chute around where the tube delivers the heat/smoke to the cook chamber?I used 14 ga.for all of the skin inside and out.IF I remember correct Walter said he uses 16 ga.But my memeory is shorter then my.....I wish him the best with his merge with Viking as when he has come to the Prairie site he has treated us folks copying his product nicely.I actually have 2 more started with different ideas in the works.One will have a tapered chute.I had a conversation with a fella from Minnesota who burnt his legs badly when he had a bridge in the chute and had the ashbox door open and was trying to free up the charcoal in the chute.So I think any more I play with will have tapered chutes.
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote