View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #34
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post
With all due respect, what does this even MEAN?
My family has eaten a whole grassfed Hereford steer every year for the last 10 years, and I can't count how many deer I've killed, butchered, and eaten. They both taste like a slice of heaven, but not like each other.

To the OP's question, treat it like.....a brisket! Sure, grassed is a little less forgiving than commodity beef, but the taste pays in dividends if you know how to cook it. If your brisket technique isn't quite perfected yet, go with the Bludawg method, it's more forgiving. Honestly, I really don't care for commodity beef anymore after being spoiled on the intense true beefiness of grassfed. Let us know how it goes!
The OP was concerned he might have made a mistake, the yellow fat on the brisket tells me this is truly a grass fed animal just like the fat I encounter when I field dress a deer, I love wild venison, grass fed lamb and grass fed beef as well as pastured hogs however many folks have not had it and the richer flavor is off putting. I was letting the poster know that if he likes wild game he will like grass fed beef. Also you can not compare a grass fed Hereford to a grass fed dairy breed for taste and texture they are different animals and lay down fat differently. No disrespect taken.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates

Last edited by BillN; 06-15-2016 at 03:37 PM..
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->