• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Upgrading my cook area

Very nice build.
Where are the wire going that are hanging from the ceiling?

As soon as the concrete is poured (well after it dries...), a storage closet will be built and the wires will be connected to switches and outlets. The chimney for the smoker will also be routed inside the closet and from there, through the roof.

I want that bike now...

And I don't even ride anymore.

Guerry, the Harley belongs to my contractor. It's a nice looking ride for sure.

As soon as the concrete is poured (well after it dries...), a storage closet will be built and the wires will be connected to switches and outlets. The chimney for the smoker will also be routed inside the closet and from there, through the roof.

Guerry, the Harley belongs to my contractor. It's a nice looking ride for sure.

Yep, knew that from your answer to another question. Doesn't negate the desire one bit. Gimme a name and I can probably find him...:tape:

Man, I thought the ceiling & roof was cool, now you show us drainage and a floor! Need to go ahead and add a hammock between them steel columns and with C'ville weather just plan on sleeping out there during cooks!

It is really coming along. Your setup is really going to be nice. I had my eye on a Klose BYC on CL. It was too far away and I did not have the spare cash at the time. How do you like your Klose ?

It is really coming along. Your setup is really going to be nice. I had my eye on a Klose BYC on CL. It was too far away and I did not have the spare cash at the time. How do you like your Klose ?

Love it. It's well made. The doors aren't insulated around the edges, but they fit so well, it doesn't leak. Even with stove gasket around the doors, my old smoker leaked like a sieve. I also like that the off-set design gives me room to cook things in different heat zones simultaneously.

The firebox is 1/2" thick steel, everything else is 1/4" and it holds the heat really well.

A few update pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back