Putting some heat to the meat today

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well no rain today so I stopped my favorite market. Fresh chicken Quarters .47/lb. Pork spares also.
IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

One probe in Water bath, one in center left, one in center right.

Workin great!

Sorry Neil, knew you would be at church. Wasn't planning on anything but no rain and honey do's before I go to bed. So had to play with toy. Can't have buddies over and not drink beer. Will definately have full blown cook when able to have day off. The thing on board is a temp controller/alarm set-up I got at salvage sale. Used it on my bandera to control fan(Redneck Guru mod.) Just using it to monitor temps. Can monitor 8 locations. Food took @ 4 hours looks great. Will post pics. Damn batteries wont stay charged. Hopefully before I go to bed.

Here are pics of ribs and chicken.

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

Saving ribs for another meal. Chicken was moist and tasty. Think next time will add a little more flavor wood.

Man, church is only an hour and a half and only when the pastor is on a roll. I could made it! :lol:

Those are some great looking eats Pat! You have no idea how happy I am for you!

49 cents!!!!!! This farking Northeast crap has got to stop!!!! Found briskets on sale for 2.99 a pound. running about 4-5 pounds. Too small i thought. Have a friend who knows a friend that has a truck...anyway, maybe getting some solid 10-12 pound briskets for 1.79 pound.

49 cents!!!!!! This farking Northeast crap has got to stop!!!! Found briskets on sale for 2.99 a pound. running about 4-5 pounds. Too small i thought. Have a friend who knows a friend that has a truck...anyway, maybe getting some solid 10-12 pound briskets for 1.79 pound.

I went into a grocery store at which I rarely shop-- saw these little 'bald' sqaures of brisket flat. No. I stop the butcher and ask for a packer, "you know point and flat together. The whole big cut." Butcher says, "I've got some, but it's gonna cost you." "Ok, how much?" "Well, the trimmed flats are $1.69/lb and I can only take about 50 cents/per off for you."

12 pound packer for under $15!!! I doubt he'll make that mistake again, but I'll keep trying........

I can usually get frozen quarters at that price. Fresh at that price is a steal!

Back