• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Legendary Texas Crutch - Foil

No Texas Carpetbagger is gonna change MY ways!

This makes me sad. I am thinking of how Popdaddy would have called me up on the bagphone and told to type "Texas carpet...." as a response. Gosh I miss him. :-(

I find your statement that there is more than one way to cook BBQ extremely dogmatic and closed minded. I am reporting this post to the mods.

This makes me sad. I am thinking of how Popdaddy would have called me up on the bagphone and told to type "Texas carpet...." as a response. Gosh I miss him. :-(

Well if you are ever sitting around the weegie board channeling Popdaddy let him know that The FunkyBuzzard from Bama is about to try the Night Train brisket next weekend. I'm not going to waste hundreds of dollars on experimenting on my smoker when I can take a ride on The Night Train and have Funky Cold Medina going on up in my Baby......Stumps that is. :becky:

I am going to start foiling to make my meat more shiny. I hears women are attracted to shiny brisket.

manninggraduation005a.jpg

Sometimes, foil has it's place. :mrgreen:​

manninggraduation015a.jpg

As funky as I am, I appreciate the ease of typing "Pitmaster T" as opposed to "Barbequefunkaramique"(sp?) so thanks, Donny. (I know you'll stay funky. :thumb:)

Anyway, I've read much about tweaking rubs for different techniques, but I must've missed what these tweaks specifically are, with the exception of the never-ending debate about sugars and higher temps.

For instance, I had a 13 pound packer turn out pretty dern good after 12 hrs in my little wsm last friday night, but after a long rest in the foil, I had to put it in the oven for a good bit to get the bark back. By the way, this was the first time I've ever applied some of the ingredients you've shared (ie. Montreal SS, Lawry's), in a three stage fashion and everyone was pretty happy with the taste, so thanks.

I think one of my problems was that I just had too thick a layer on, but any tips would be really appreciated. :-D

Good post Donnie!

Great Tool to have at one's disposal.

To Use or Not To Use is a cook's personal choice.

Great Q To ALL!

John

I have to agree with the above statement.

The NEW GUY AINT GONNNA CHANGE ANYONES MIND!!!!!

If you like it, you like, if you dont, you dont!!!!

I love you guys! This had me rolling on the floor.

I hope this new guy, "Pitmaster T" posts are eaiser to understand and don't require a secret decoder ring to follow. I learned a lot from the Funk but didn't get as much as I would have liked.

My condolenses to his family, he will be missed.........

Paul B

I hope this new guy, "Pitmaster T" posts are eaiser to understand and don't require a secret decoder ring to follow. I learned a lot from the Funk but didn't get as much as I would have liked.

My condolenses to his family, he will be missed.........

Paul B

Don't put any faith in that. Posting in code is not really a violation of the forum rules. I will be making more forum friendly posts and thread but will still be funky as well. So you can guarantee that things still can show up using that code.. but at times I might be cogent.

So other than the people who just hate me to be hateful, or that have a bone to pick or axe to grind, and those that hate the code system, those folks I don't need anyway.

Now, to prove I can still be bizarre without being purposely "caustic" I want you to focus on the word "need" I just knew. Yes, need... I need followers... Chris and I have been observing the data and have deduced once again that its time to put our foil hatz on and ryde the mothership outta this mutha.

Yes... I said "again."

Come on.... don't you remember when the earth blew up a few years ago? Really are you saying you don't? That only the funkmastas remember when the earth blew up and we all escaped to this planet on the big Space Ark?

And the rulers decided not to tell the unfunky people because.....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Funky or not, I still love reading your posts and watching your videos.

So what does the "T" stand for...

I'm suspectin' that there will be a resurrection... Barbefunkoramaque shall rise again... bigger and better than the second coming of Christ... and we shall all fall to our knees and pray..... Please Funkmaster, spare the foil, spare the foil....

There will be no second coming of the barbefunk. Seriously.

Lawyers representing the interests of Popdaddy's estate have erased all the pictures in every funk thread or post, and tossed nearly every video in the ether. This was a slash and burn policy.

This is a resurrection of Pitmaster T...

The first PM I got as a new name the responder alluded he wondered if there "was a heart behind my curtain of funk." Remember, the man pulling all the levers for the Oz? That man was merely a mortal.. flawed and much nicer.

Even Dallas waited a year or so before they brought back the man from Atlantis. And I will spare you the opening scene of that season.

Back