Dip ideas needed

scayne62

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The ladies here at work are fond of my cooking but have gotten the idea in their head that they have to "beat" me in some kind of contest so they have challenged me to a dip off. I need a dip that will blow their socks off, something that will be like crack to them, what recipes can you guys share with me to help me out here, I usually do not make dips so the standard stuff is all I got.

This is pretty tasty..

Starnes is a BBQ joint down in Paducah, KY. The sauce is a HOT vinegar based sauce.

Smoked Buffalo/Starnes Chicken Dip Recipe

3 packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup of Ranch w/ bacon salad dressing
3/4 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I like Ott's)
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
2ish cups of smoked shredded chicken
1/4 cup Starne's BBQ sauce (for those of you who can't get Starne's, sub your favorite spicy vinegar based BBQ sauce)

Stir it all together in a 9X9 pan and into the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until it gets hot and bubbly. Works great on a grill or in a smoker too!

There's a dip recipe here that I think is labeled "The dip that will change your life".

Farking awesome stuff, that. More or less a Buffalo chicken dip. Toast some bread and dig in.

This stuff is the bomb and I put it on everything but my wife - she will not let me:

Granny Nell’s Raw Vegetable Dip

1 quart Mayonnaise – Kraft Real
4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp Horseradish
½ Onion grated
2 Garlic buttons grated
1 TBS Celery Seed
½ tsp Curry powder
½ tsp Red Pepper
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Tabasco
2 tsp Prepared Mustard
Dash Accent
Dash Black Pepper

Mix well and store in mayonnaise jar. Will keep in refrigerator as long as mayonnaise is good. Best to make several days ahead.
Gene O’Callaghan

The ladies here at work are fond of my cooking but have gotten the idea in their head that they have to "beat" me in some kind of contest so they have challenged me to a dip off. I need a dip that will blow their socks off, something that will be like crack to them, what recipes can you guys share with me to help me out here, I usually do not make dips so the standard stuff is all I got.

Will hot and spicy be acceptable for the laddies, or do you need be concerned at all?
Dave

This is always a hit and super simple to make.

mix up the following

1 8oz block Philly cream cheese
1 jar hormel dried beef, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom
1 bunch of green onions chopped
milk to thin

Good luck with the dip off!

This is always a hit and super simple to make.

mix up the following

1 8oz block Philly cream cheese
1 jar hormel dried beef, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom
1 bunch of green onions chopped
milk to thin

Good luck with the dip off!
I have had one like this but instead of the cream of mushroom it had horseradish... LOVE that stuff!

That sounds awesome and I don't even eat fish. I do like a good Caesar salad though. :grin:

This one is one of my favorites. It's on the back of the box of Lipton Savory Herb and Garlic Soup mix. I actually like it with dried beef or even without any meat at all. I would imagine a crumbled up fatty would be pretty nice too.

White Pizza Dip

• 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
  • 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni (about 1 oz.) chopped
  • 1 loaf Italian bread [or French bread]
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°. In shallow 1-quart casserole, combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix, sour cream, ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
  2. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
  3. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with bread.

Velveta Cheese Big Pack...

A mess of pulled pork

BBQ Sauce... in that order..

This is a layered dip. Throw Some Pickled Jalapenos on top and You win Hands down!

Grab large glass dish..

Cover the bottom in sauce, then heavy layer of Pulled pork ,finally Cover the whole thing with Melted VELVETA and Enjoy with Tortilla chips or Doritos.. This is the bomb dot com

WOW!! Thanks everyone for the ideas/recipes. I am definitely going to kick some arse in this "dip off" Than I will be the holder of the "dipstick" until they can out cook me. Keep em comin.

Awesome Roasted Red Pepper Spinach 'N Artichoke Dip

Last Year I was looking for a good spinach dip recipe for when people come over for football games on Sundays (I'm the guy that gets the NFL Sunday Ticket). I tried a couple of recipes and they were "OK", nothing that stood out. I came across this tailgating recipe from Guy Fieri for spinach and artichoke dip it was "good", but I wanted more flavor so I started to modify it every week I would make it. Finally!!! got it down to where everyone loves this dip, and people call me to make it for games, parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas, cookouts, etc.... If you ever feel like Artichoke N' Spinach Dip. It's super simple and I learn a lot of great recipes from here so I'll share mine with Y'all!

2 Frozen packages of "Green Giant" creamed spinach
4 TBS Mayonnaise
3 TBS Pesto
3 TBS Shredded Parmesan
1 TBS crushed Red Pepper
1/2 Chopped Roasted Red Bell Pepper (I just buy it fresh and roast it on the grill)
1/4 Diced Yellow Onion
1/2 pack of Bacon (chopped, I just cut it w/ meat scissors its easiest)
1 can of Artichokes (quartered)
1/2 cup of shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese

Cook the bacon, when its about 3/4 crispy I toss in the onions until they are translucent, I let them sit for a bit.
Start mixing all the ingredients in a bowl (spinach, cheeses, roasted and crushed peppers, artichokes, mayo, pesto and finally onion and bacon when their at a comfortable temperature) Topped w\ Parm and Monterrey to melt on top and look nice.

Put it in a square Foil Pan ( I this like this cus you can make it the night before and have it ready to grill or, take it to the tailgate and grill it there!)

GRILL IT! at 350 for 20 minutes

serve it with some Stacy's pita chips or tortilla chips

Hope you guys like it!!! Thanks

This one is simple. Every time I take it to a party it is a huge hit
2 blocks cream cheese
1 12oz can of rotel
1lb sausage

Melt the cheese and add the rotel and sausage.

If you want to "beat" them at a dip contest a few things. They picked dip as category so they got a head start. Stop looking for recipes for dips here. And most important of all never use any pre-made dressing, soup mixes in envelopes, or can of whatever soup. Bagna. Caudal made with a condensed soup? A piedmontese would shoot you. These ladies will have beat hands down at first bite. Search women dominate recipe sites for the good ones. Tastes of Home, Better Homes and Gardens sites like that. Epicurus.com covers a few sites search that to. Good luck. Velveeta for christ sake never ever use that crap.

Last edited:
Make a buffalo chicken dip but use Hooters wing sauce(I like the hot), It gives it a better flavor than Franks!!! Don't cheat and use canned chicken you will lose!! I like it served with tortilla chips.

Back