Which FoodSaver Bags/Rolls Are The Most Handy ?

GrillNewbie

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Costco is putting the V3880 on sale soon and I'm planning on buying one. FoodSaver is having a buy one get one sale this weekend and I want to but some stuff.

What do you guys find the most useful of the bags and rolls they offer ?

Thanks,

Steve

I only use rolls since I can make any length bag out of them. I have the 11" and the 8" rolls and use both.

I only use rolls since I can make any length bag out of them. I have the 11" and the 8" rolls and use both.

Me too! But my wife found some 1 gallon bag by Ziplock (yea the zip bag company but these are sealer bags) that are awsome. She can't remember where sh got them.

I buy big rolls off ebay, never had a problem with them and their alot cheaper than the food saver brand

I buy the rolls the bags are a rip off. I can make wheat ever size I need. I find the 8" to be the most versatile, But I do keep a 11" roll when the 8 just wont do.

In the bags, I use the quarts (8") more than the gallons (11",) but use both. It depends on how many people you feed and what you're freezing. As others have said, the rolls are more economical. You can also wash and re-use those bags depending on what you had in them.

Another vote for the rolls here as well. I use the 8" mostly but you should have an 11" roll around as well.

Thank you, guys !

I ordered a bunch of rolls direct from Foodsaver. They would only match 1 for 1 for the buy one get one free deal so I placed two orders... :grin:

I actually bought the v3880 and used it already. I bought a 2# bag of scallops and seperated, bagged, vacuumed and sealed them. I bought 5# of frozen, tail on, uncooked shrimp but those didn't do so well. The tails kept poking a hole in the bag. I backed up and put the shrimp in a Ziploc frzr bag and tried it again in a FS bag and that worked. Last but not least I had several boxes of 5.56 laying around so I sealed those baby's up too. JIC. :biggrin1:

i use only the rolls. 11". As a matter of fact i just vacuumed a butt bone today .

Rolls are the best, bags are a waste. We used to recycle the bags but have since given that up as we were getting pinholes in them and they would slowly leak. Now we just make the right size of bag for whatever we are freezing.

Thank you, guys !

I ordered a bunch of rolls direct from Foodsaver. They would only match 1 for 1 for the buy one get one free deal so I placed two orders... :grin:

I actually bought the v3880 and used it already. I bought a 2# bag of scallops and seperated, bagged, vacuumed and sealed them. I bought 5# of frozen, tail on, uncooked shrimp but those didn't do so well. The tails kept poking a hole in the bag. I backed up and put the shrimp in a Ziploc frzr bag and tried it again in a FS bag and that worked. Last but not least I had several boxes of 5.56 laying around so I sealed those baby's up too. JIC. :biggrin1:

Sweet.

How do you like the V3880?

My Sam's has a different model. I'm unsure which vacuum sealer I should get.

Anybody use the Gamesaver rolls? Whats the difference between those and the regular rolls?

Anybody use the Gamesaver rolls? Whats the difference between those and the regular rolls?

Was wondering the same thing.

I assume they work in any foodsaver machine?

EDIT:

Hope so, because I have several rolls ordered.

I recommend Rival. Walmart sells those rolls and I buy them, not bags. Unlike some of the other labels, Rival says you can cook in the bags. It's the only way i'd freeze pulled pork.

Do any of you guys use the containers that they sell ?

Interested in responses, too.

On things for sure.....I'll be using the marinade container that is coming a great deal.

I've heard nothing but amazing comments about this.

I may grab a couple containers for homemade bbq sauces and such.

Back