Pastrami again.....

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
It's a balmy 8 degrees here is southeastern PA (that's just wrong) and the local grocery store had corned beef on sale for $1.85/lb. What's a girl to do but make pastrami!

Attachments

• 8 degrees.jpg
    8 degrees.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 201
  • rubbed and ready.jpg
    rubbed and ready.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 201
  • cosy on the egg.jpg
    cosy on the egg.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 201
Looking great Lynn!
I see you guys are having a heat wave today.....where's the white stuff? :cool:

nice looking start, just one problem...that blue thermopen is probably off a couple of degrees, may want to trade it in for a more accurate and faster orange one.

Hey, great idea this time of year. I am gonna look for a sale around here. Are those points? Be sure to show us some pics of the sliced product.

I haven't made pastrami yet, but I can see from the color of your Thermapen that pastrami isn't all that sensitive to temperature accuracy.

I pulled a 5# flat out of the brine Weds. nite and plan on firing up the new BGE, (lg), tomorrow when it's a little warmer. First time out with the egg so I figured go with a pastrami, why the heck not?

I have a full packer corned beef 13.8 lb that I put in a 5 gallon food container Thursday PM. Thought I would change the water last night....it was about 4 degrees...some ice..thought that the salt in the brisket would keep it from freezing...this AM it was -4 degrees.. took it indoors this PM and changed the water.. back outside

Hope to rub it and smoke it tomorrow!

Lookin good ...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I've never had to soak my "store bought" corned beef more than four or five hours. I change the water every 30 minutes during that time. Not too salty with this method. Never done a whole packer before so maybe that would require extra time but two days seems like a lot to me.

LMAJ the start of your pastrami looks really good.

Still snowing here.. Pastrami is looking great...up to 164... would like to take it off at 170-180...

I love cooking in the snow...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Back