Its Official Shirley Order has been Placed.

BBQDaddio

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Excited super Excited. After a few weeks of back and forth emails with Paul payment has been sent and received. The best part was the wifey actually paid the deposit. :becky::clap2::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Its been a few months now of looking at Shirley photos and threads to finally get a build together. Looked a lot at Pauls - Cooker build (PJtexas1) and Jason (Jason TQ) as a template along with a few others.

The current build spec after what feels like 500 changes is:

24" by 55" Cabinet Model w/ Warmer and Insulated Firebox Modified Trailer

+ Stainless Steel shelf in front of cook chamber
+ Straight Back Elevated w/ 3 Grates in cook chamber
+ Warmer w/ 3 grates-
+ Hip Roof on warmer
+ Folding shelf for side of warmer
+ 2 welded rods on top of cook chamber and warmer (got this idea from Scott Allen (thegrimguy)
+ 3 Temperature probes
+ Both Dampers
+ Wood basket in back of cook chamber
+ 3 tubes for holding large umbrella

Please guys let me know if I may be missing something. Probably going to ask Paul to add a ash pan for the firebox.

Still debating if I should add burners.

Wanted to thank Sako (SSV3) was debating between Shirley and a LSG vertical offset that I was interested in a few years back and Sako answered all of my questions and than some. In the end he said it will probably be a once in a life time purchase, so just go with what you want.

Thanks everyone for all the threads, photos and comments through out the years. I learned so much and now feel confident on taking a new challenge with wood cooking.:becky:

Vince

Excited super Excited. After a few weeks of back and forth emails with Paul payment has been sent and received. The best part was the wifey actually paid the deposit. :becky::clap2::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Its been a few months now of looking at Shirley photos and threads to finally get a build together. Looked a lot at Pauls - Cooker build (PJtexas1) and Jason (Jason TQ) as a template along with a few others.

The current build spec after what feels like 500 changes is:

24" by 55" Cabinet Model w/ Warmer and Insulated Firebox Modified Trailer

+ Stainless Steel shelf in front of cook chamber
+ Straight Back Elevated w/ 3 Grates in cook chamber
+ Warmer w/ 3 grates-
+ Hip Roof on warmer
+ Folding shelf for side of warmer
+ 2 welded rods on top of cook chamber and warmer (got this idea from Scott Allen (thegrimguy)
+ 3 Temperature probes
+ Both Dampers
+ Wood basket in back of cook chamber
+ 3 tubes for holding large umbrella

Please guys let me know if I may be missing something. Probably going to ask Paul to add a ash pan for the firebox.

Still debating if I should add burners.

Wanted to thank Sako (SSV3) was debating between Shirley and a LSG vertical offset that I was interested in a few years back and Sako answered all of my questions and than some. In the end he said it will probably be a once in a life time purchase, so just go with what you want.

Thanks everyone for all the threads, photos and comments through out the years. I learned so much and now feel confident on taking a new challenge with wood cooking.:becky:

Vince

Congrats !!!

You will have PLENTY of time to figure out if ur missing anything or want to add/ change something :becky:

When is she suppose to be done?

Congrats !!!

You will have PLENTY of time to figure out if ur missing anything or want to add/ change something :becky:

When is she suppose to be done?

Thank you. Paul gave me a rough time table of beginning of summer. I'm pretty sure they are swamped so dont mind waiting extra 1-2 weeks. That is what I'm saying now but come next year may be a different story. hahaha:becky:

Vince

I can only imagine what you'll go through for the next several months. I just got my new Lang after 6 weeks of torture while drooling over everyone elses pits.
I looked seriously at the Shirleys but at my age can't wait that long for anything.
I just got it this past weekend and now may have to wait for the new tropical storm to pass before I can actually cook anything.
I think both are great cookers and you'll be thrilled when you can finally fire it up!

Awesome setup! Glad you got it just the way you want. I would trade my burner for that ss shelf on the side of the warmer and umbrella holders. Didn't see those until way after mine was built.

congrats and with the year wait you will have plenty of time to change your order a million times . you will see pics in the future on other pits and go I never seen that and got to have that too or that is how it was for me .

Would your wife mind paying the deposit on one for me? Congrats.

It was one of those times where she had a moment of confusion and took advantage of it. :becky:

I can only imagine what you'll go through for the next several months. I just got my new Lang after 6 weeks of torture while drooling over everyone elses pits.
I looked seriously at the Shirleys but at my age can't wait that long for anything.
I just got it this past weekend and now may have to wait for the new tropical storm to pass before I can actually cook anything.
I think both are great cookers and you'll be thrilled when you can finally fire it up!

Your lang does look purdy. I do hope the year flies by. I'm pretty patient now but once Paul starts sending confirmation and pictures I might go crazy. :becky::heh:

Awesome setup! Glad you got it just the way you want. I would trade my burner for that ss shelf on the side of the warmer and umbrella holders. Didn't see those until way after mine was built.

Thanks Paul. I took a lot of my build inspiration from your cooker. Mainly just feeding a family of 4 with the occasional 15-20 from the rest of the family. I was thinking the same thing about the burners, dont really have a need for it but would hate to kinda want it when the trailer is here in California. I'm also debating if I should have Paul add some rack tracks so I have more options for rack placement in the main chamber.

congrats and with the year wait you will have plenty of time to change your order a million times . you will see pics in the future on other pits and go I never seen that and got to have that too or that is how it was for me .

Yeah I know plenty of time to add more options to bring the price up so the wifey can :boxing: me out..:heh::heh::heh:. I keep telling her its a once in a life time purchase. Its cooking for the family.:becky: This isnt for me but for the family.:becky::becky::becky::becky:

Vince

Congrats on your order.it will be well worth the wait. Plenty of time to add things and save up more money so when you go over budget. I went 1k past what I told my wife I would spend.thank God for overtime.:becky:

Back