55 gal drum near Omaha?

NebraskaBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of somewhere I can get a 55 gallon drum in the Omaha/Lincoln Nebraska area? So far, I haven't been able to find anyone who sells them around here, but I also don't know what kind of businesses are good to contact. I know a landfill that will give me drums for free, but they were used to hold some chemical compound that they spray on trash to help it decompose faster. I'm thinking that's not a great idea. Thanks inadvance for any help.

Go to an Auto or truck repair shop, they usually get their grease in 55 gal drums. They are unlined and the grease comes in a heavy poly bag inside the drum, drill your holes , burn it out and Bob's your uncle.

Check with Garyk1398 I know he bought a couple drums down on 11th street north of the Qwest Center (industrial tract). I'll let him know you're looking and point him to this thread.

Jones Barrel Company, 2424 N 11th St, Omaha. I think they were asking $25 but can't remember if that is open with lid or a closed drum.

If you want to go cheaper call All Metals out by Fremont, they were asking $7 for open barrels with no lids when they do have them.

A&R salvage has them for 15 bucks, there off vinton street in omaha

i got mine from Jones Barrel, 2424 N 11th.
about 23 dollars........they bake them out in a high heat oven.......take a little cleaning to get ready

Back