• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

50 States, 50 Sandwiches

Hmmmm...ain't never SEEN no pulled chicken with white sauce. Smoked chicken, yep. White sauce, yep. On a bun? Can't recall seeing it on a menu.

Arkansas: Fried Bologna - That about sums it up

When I read the thread title I immediately thought of the Z-man as the sandwich for Kansas and sure enough.

LOL @ Hoecake...

Very cool - although Wyoming's bison ruben should really be Colorado's. The denver omelet in toast is pretty lame and the Denver Diner is absolutely nothing to write home about.

Man, I either need to eat out more or pay attention when I do. I've lived in Vermont for 36 years and have never heard of a "Vermonter" sandwich. Gonna have to get on over to Middlebury and give Noonies a try.

Delaware... A Bobbie - So good - had one last Saturday. Thanksgiving dinner on e roll.

The article has it wrong for Hawai'i. Traditional Kalua Pork is prepared in an imu, or underground oven, over hot lava rocks and kiawe wood (similar to mesquite). Only ingredient is Hawaiian sea salt, no sweet and tangy bru haha.

Can't argue with the French Dip, that is CA all the way

There were a couple where you can't really do a state wide sandwich (NY and PA where east and west are totally different states). ...and TX brisket on toast? That was not toast. That was a BUN!

Interesting, but I agree with you dadsr4, coney island.
I know not too many even know what a pasty is....

to each their own though.....

What really surprised me was the Lake Trout sammich for Maryland. I was expecting a crab cake sammich.

And the Almo Cuban Sammich for Virginia is ummmmm yeah. Most people in Richmond let alone Virginia have never heard of this sammich.

Interesting, but I agree with you dadsr4, coney island.
I know not too many even know what a pasty is....

to each their own though.....
My wife's family is from the U.P. and she speaks Finnish. When we go above the bridge, we get the real pastys, not the tourist crap. Weigh a ton, the crust made with shortening, and fill you for the entire day.

Last edited:
Also, how does a damn burger in Atlanta come to represent an ENTIRE farking STATE?!? Ingredient wise, it's no different from burgers in ANY given State. Really not too surprised about the bland burger though. I mean, it IS Iowa...:razz:

What really surprised me was the Lake Trout sammich for Maryland. I was expecting a crab cake sammich.

And the Almo Cuban Sammich for Virginia is ummmmm yeah. Most people in Richmond let alone Virginia have never heard of this sammich.

Agreed. Lived in or near Maryland most of my life and the only lake trout I've ever eaten is what I've caught myself. Crab cake is the obvious, and only, choice. As for Virginia, that's another stupid choice. BBQ or Virginia ham would have made a lot more sense. And the Ghetto burger for GA? Again, some sort of BBQ or a pork chop sandwich would have been a much better choice. Some of the picks, like the Hot Brown for KY and the Pork Tenderloin for IN were right on the money though.

Back