BBQ Brethren "With a Surprise Inside" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"With a Surprise Inside!"[/size]
crackerjacksracoon.jpg

Anonymous Photo.

...as chosen by SmokeJumper, the winner of the You Know...For Kids Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/23 through Sunday 8/1.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 8/1.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 8/2 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 8/6. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Mystery Meat Throwdown until Sunday night 7/25 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Pulled Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Looking good so far still got the thinkig cap on this one

Well, some of you know that I've been stuck without a smoker or grill. I had a great idea for this throwdown also, and just didn't know what to do. During chocolate and churros tonight ecode suggested building a UDS. The neat thing about having a very talented wife is that she is able to whip together a UDS in a rather short period of time without any tools at all! In just a couple hours she not only built a UDS, but we had a throwdown entry all ready for submission! Granted, it's not a full-sized UDS. It may in fact be the smallest UDS in existence. The first job (and about my entire contribution) was getting a suitable drum. This I managed to do without too much difficulty. She even opened up the drum to get things prepped:

IMG_6567.jpg

There was no room for a charcoal fire, so we improvised. I know some of you are thinking, "at least it isn't gas!" Others are thinking, "at least it isn't an Optigrill!"

IMG_6570.jpg

A grill had to be custom-made to fit:

IMG_6574.jpg

I assembled the ingredients, and especially the surprise:

IMG_6573.jpg

Lit things up -- no waiting for things to come to temp on this baby!

IMG_6580.jpg

Set everything on the UDS:

IMG_6576.jpg

and grilled away:

IMG_6578.jpg

You can see that things are coming along nicely now.

IMG_6585.jpg

Oooooo, looks like a surprise!

IMG_6586.jpg

But let's spread that on the cookie to make a tasty treat. ecode even let me use her new Birthday Throwdown Plate to take the picture!

IMG_6605.jpg

Did I tell you this was a joint effort? Besides ecode, Smokey also helped. And what was that surprise?

IMG_6609.jpg

Wow, who could ask for anything more?

Love it Gore and Ecode now thats inventive and the food looks great.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Inventive, ingenuitive, hilarious!!!! I finally have some UDS plans I can follow.

Love it Gore and Ecode now thats inventive and the food looks great.

Thanks Alan. One of my more successful cooks.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Inventive, ingenuitive, hilarious!!!! I finally have some UDS plans I can follow.

Figured if I read through the UDS thread, I wouldn't have been in time to post an entry. Never thought of posting these plans there though.

I'll never look at a beer can the same. This might be the funniest post I've ever seen on any forum.

I think most Brethren will tell you that beer is an essential part of every cook.

And Chris, full disclosure: this cook was done indoors, but near an open window. :becky:

Back