First competition complete in Mission

bigzthamoose

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to say i finished my first competition this past weekend, met some awesome people, who all wouldnt hesitate to help. Which is awesome. Met a fellow brethren member, you might know him as Woody, and he was a great guy. Had a few hiccups on saturday, and wasnt too thrilled with my showing. 18th overall out of 53 teams? 22nd chicken, 25th ribs, 18th pork, and 20th brisket. Ill post some pictures of the boxes and stuff later. Just wanted to say thanks to some people who helped! Also, congrats to Truebud BBQ on another GC, i think thats 14th for the year? and like 6th in a row? Congrats to Pellet Envy on reserve!

18th is pretty strong out of a fairly big field for a first time out. You didn't finish dead ass last, which we actually did in our first KCBS competition :becky:. Thanks for sharing! Do you have your next once planned already??

Sounds like you did pretty good to me, especially considering the quality of teams that were there. You should be proud!

Top half of the fiend is great for a first effort! You didn't finish DAL, you weren't disqualified, you met some great people, and you had fun! That sounds like a great weekend to me!

A finish in the top 33% overall on your first competition is nothing to be ashamed of! Especially with some pretty good teams in that crowd. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting you guys and some other new folks! Very happy with the new Superior Stealth SS2 :cool: ! Love being able to concentrate on the cooking and not the cooker!! Definitely helped get us our first rib call!

Great job on your first run. Mission is one of my favorite contests, and you can bet we'll be back again next year. Hope you will be too!

That's an awesome first time finish. We're six contests in and we haven't broken the top 35 yet. That's why we're taking a class next month :confused:

Back