View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
Q-Stream
Got Wood.

Default Great Class

I took Scottie's class earlier this year and can't say enough good things about it. Even though I'm not currently competing, I was lined up to cook with a team at Rockin' Ribs and wanted to learn as much as I could about how to do things right.

I was not sure how well a CBJ would be received at a comp cooking class, but Scottie and Mike couldn't have been nicer. They covered just about everything from A to Z and answered everybody's questions completely (and patiently).

I learned more about trimming and prepping all the comp meats in this class than I had in all the youtube videos put together (more than I can count). I was glad I brought a big pad of paper with me, because I filled up way more pages of notes than I expected to.

The price for the class is well worth it, expecially considering how much of the cost goes to the foundation for cancer research. If any CBJ's or part time cooks want to vastly improve their own smoking skills, gain a greater appreciation for all the effort and skill that go into competing, and feel comfortable in the class, this is the one to go to.

The food was great, the information presented was fantastic, the class was a lot of fun, what more could you ask for?

Laird

ABS Pit Boss, BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, Master CBJ, Certified Table Captain
Q-Stream is offline   Reply With Quote