• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sorry Phil

LostNation

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
It looks like we have 4 new KCBS board members.

Elected:
Troy Black 709
Wayne Lohman 602
Don Harwell 509
Merl Whitebook 501

The rest:
Jack Gibbs 430
Larry King 427
Phil Rizzardi 422
Ford Alison 382
Gene Goycochea 376
Jim Nesselrode 336
Mark Grieco 277
Mike McMillen 199
Harold Colston 155

MoKanMeathead said:
Damm!! No one I voted for made it.

Me neither, Wayne. Can we demand a re-count?

I will say this though in Phil's favor... to have entered the race late and to be located way up in the northeast, that was a fantastic showing in the total votes! Give it another shot next time around! I'll vote for you again!

Hey it wasn't a bad showing for a virtually unknown "new" guy. We'll try again next year.! Thanks for everyone out there that supported me, and us.

The idea was to get to a place to help make a difference in the world of BBQ.... and we still have a way of making that difference... and it rights here.

WWW.BBQ-Brethren.com

:mrgreen: :wink:

Thanks again everyone.

Well "Shuckin's POOH"! :evil:
(That is a southern term)

Next year will be the one--this was just a warm up :lol:

TIM

The_Kapn said:

TIM

Agreed!! The way this place is growing, how can it be anything else??

BBQchef33 said:
Hey it wasn't a bad showing for a virtually unknown "new" guy. We'll try again next year.! Thanks for everyone out there that supported me, and us.

The idea was to get to a place to make help make a difference in the world of BBQ.... and we still have a way of making that difference... and it rights here.

WWW.BBQ-Brethren.com

:mrgreen: :wink:

Thanks again everyone.

Um, I think if you look at how the membership and participation on this board has grown since your exposure as a candidate you'll see that, oh well, you know what I mean.

The_Kapn said:

TIM

Shuckin's Pooh and Daad Gummit

Let me see..........422 votes ........... first time running............ being a Northeastener, FROM NEW YAWK...............not politically connected near the headquarters... not near a so called BBQ Mecca.. I think ya did pretty farkin damn good!!!!!!!!!!!! nuttin to be ashamed about!!! I'm proud of ya for even running!!!

Or a bigger pit :rolleyes:

Too bad you didn't make it, Phil, but its still a good showing, as the gang has pointed out!

Phil, You have the attitude that will make a fine member on the KCBS Board of Directors.

Keep smiling, and there is another election coming.

Bull

Phil, you hit the nail right on the head! What happens around here really does make a huge difference in the BBQ world. We as a group show up everywhere across the nation and even in England! Our members are scoring well in BBQ competitions, learning to be BBQ judges, putting out great Q in their own backyards, opening restaurants and catering businesses and participating in charity events such as the upcoming Kookers Kare event and last October's event in Columbia. The expertise and so forth that is shared here is incredible and the fact that every effort is made to keep things on topic and relevant to BBQ in the proper places and that it is kept "family friendly" is a testament to you and the moderators who work so hard to make this a great center of knowledge. It's like the higher education of BBQ! While it would have been great to have you on the Board of Directors, we can be glad that we get to keep you here without being taken away for periods of time for Board responsibilities! It's those folks who AREN'T members of the Brethren who are losing out, not us! Thanks!

As for next year, be sure to get some business card or post card size campaign pieces printed up in advance and sent to me... I'll distribute them at the awards banquet like many of the other candidates did. Even better, hop a plane out to KC and attend and I'll help YOU pass 'em out.

Back